Present: Toby Welles, seated as Chairman; Thomas Flagg; Nancy King, seated at 7:38 p.m.; Donald Stroetzel; James Bacon, Alt., seated for N. King until 7:38 p.m;. Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Absent: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting 5/28/13
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 5/28/13 Meeting Minutes as amended: Page 1, Item 3. Under “Administrative”, change to: D. Taylor thanked T. Welles for his work on final amendments which will be forwarded to archaeologists”.
1. 100 Umpawaug Road. Mr. and Mrs. Michael Black, owners. Alteration to a Scenic Road. Discussion.
Mrs. Black and Frank Talcott were present. T. Welles reviewed the work already completed and approved by ZBA. The applicant was requested to leave the area in the most natural state as possible. Mrs. Black noted that a planting plan will be submitted by Jill Callahan upon completion.
Permission was given to install a mirror to increase sight lines since the location is on a Town right-of-way.
2. Incentive Housing Zones. Discussion.
N. King stated that the scheduled meeting with J. Hayes will be rescheduled. Ideas for future Planning needs were discussed.
3. S.R. 4.8: To discuss amendments. Possible vote.
Cultural Resources section reviewed in detail.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line.
2. Reference Subdivision Application #391, Lot #8-A, 163 Sunset Hill Road, Kathlene Tracy. Request to create an additional driveway entrance.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
4. Proposed Amendment to S.R. 8.1.36, Building Construction & Restriction Line; amendments.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
T. Welles met with B. Flanagan re: health and safety issues involved with sight lines. Planning, Zoning, ZBA, Highway, Police and Natalie Ketchum will meet to discuss.
On the motion of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly