Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Thomas Flagg; Nancy King; Donald Stroetzel; Toby Welles; Regina O’Brien, Alt.; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:36 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 2/26/13
-Site Walk 3/2/13-30A Blueberry Hill Rd.
On the motion of D. Stroetzel and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 2/26/13 Meeting Minutes.
On the motion of N. King and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 3/2/13 Site Walk Minutes.
1. Reference App. #491, Lot #6, Sebastian Amstutz, 30A Blueberry Hill Road. Proposed pool installation requiring modification of the Building and Construction Restriction Line (BRL).
Mr. and Mrs. Amstutz were present in addition to Atty. Neil Marcus, Tom Quinn and a representative of Nejame Pools.
T. Quinn and N. Marcus reviewed the proposed relocation of the Buildable Area. T. Welles reviewed his discussion with Commission Counsel.
On the motion of D. Stroetzel and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to approve Reference App. #491 subject to receipt of a final map depicting the new Building and Construction Restriction Line as outlined at the 3/26/13 Meeting.
Resubdivision Application #523, Costa Stergue, 24 and 25 Costa Lane. 14.5 acres into 6 lots. Received 9/25/12. Presentation 10/23/12. Public Hearing opened 11/27/12, continued 12/10/12; 1/8/13; 1/22/13; 2/1/13. Public Hearing Closed 2/26/13. Deadline to Vote, meeting of 4/23/13.
Commissioners reviewed the application and concerns. Deliberation will continue at the next meeting.
2. Incentive Housing Zones. Discussion. Final review. Design standards and recommendations for attachments to Zoning Regulations.
N. King will be meeting with J. Hayes and T. Welles on 4/4/13. J. Hayes’ draft application form was submitted to Zoning and M. Lavelle and will be reviewed by N. King and T. Welles prior to Zoning acceptance.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Bi-monthly reports of any new or pending problems; i.e. grading on the curve of intersection of Wayside Lane and Umpawaug Road (nearest Georgetown.)
D. Taylor requested Commissioners to drive by location prior to the next meeting.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line.
2. Reference Subdivision App. #391, Lot #8-A, 163 Sunset Hill Road, Kathlene Tracy. Request to create an additional driveway entrance.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discussion recommendations for action.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
1. Scenic Road Flyer. Discuss reprinting stonewall amendments, distribution to Town Hall, Library, Realtors, budget.
J. Brooks will follow up with tax office re: assessor’s cards.
2. Update of Subcommittees.
New Scenic Road assignments will be made pending attendance by new Commissioner.
3. Letter from Congregational Church re: fence donation.
D. Taylor read a letter of thanks from the Congregational Church.
On the motion of T. Flagg, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:45 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly