Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Nancy King, seated at 8:05 p.m.; Donald Stroetzel; Toby Welles; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for T. Flagg.
Absent: Thomas Flagg; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of D. Stroetzel, the Commission voted unanimously to add Administrative Item 1A. to the agenda, Sebastian Amstutz, 30A Blueberry Hill Road.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 2/12/13
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 2/12/13 Meeting Minutes.
II. PUBLIC HEARING- DEADLINE TO CLOSE
Resubdivision Application #523, Costa Stergue, 24 and 25 Costa Lane. 14.5 acres into 6 lots. Received 9/25/13. Presentation 10/23/12. Public Hearing opened 11/27/12, continued 12/10/12, 1/8/13; 1/22/13; 2/12/13.
D. Taylor noted the deadline to vote as 4/23/13.
The following new information was read into the record:
-Letter dated 2/26/13 from Atty. Neil Marcus
-Minutes of the 2/13/13 Town Meeting
-Report from John Hayes
J. Brooks noted receipt of information from E. Lazo-Wasem submitted by L. Fitzgerald. D. Taylor reiterated that all submitted information is part of the public record on this Public Hearing.
D. Taylor reminded the Commission that they must listen to the tapes of all missed meetings.
Jeff Dooley noted his concerns regarding the road status, requested restriction of development of Lot 2 and recommended that the application be rejected for land disturbance issues. L. Fitzgerald and D. Dooley noted their concerns.
Questions from N. King to J. Palmer were read by T. Welles.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to close the Public Hearing.
Deliberation will begin at the meeting of 3/26/13.
1a. Ref. App. #491, Lot 6, Sebastian Amstutz, 30A Blueberry Hill Road. Request to construct pool partially outside the BCRL.
Mr. Amstutz and Mr. Nejame were present. Mr. Nejame submitted and reviewed the proposal. Tom Orifici, 30 Blueberry Hill Road, was present and reviewed his concerns.
A site walk is scheduled for Sat., 3/2/13 at 11:00 a.m. Tom Nejame will stake the pool, coping, fence, wall, and filter system within the proposed BCRL.
1. Incentive Housing Zones. Discussion. Final review. Design Standards and recommendations for attachments to Zoning Regulations.
Discussion tabled pending receipt of new information from J. Hayes.
2. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports from Commissioners.
Commissioners will drive by areas of concern on Umpawaug Road as reported by D. Taylor.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line.
2. Reference Subdivision App. #391, Lot 8-A, 163 Sunset Hill Road, Kathlene Tracy. Request to create an additional driveway entrance.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
4. Reference App. #434, Lot 1SP, David Geil, owner, 5 Whortleberry Road. Site Walk 1/26/13. To submit as-built map for review, adjusting the Building Construction Restriction Line to the new line approved by ZBA and RPC.
Final map was reviewed.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the map for Reference App. #434 pending removal of the word “proposed”.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
1. Scenic Road Flyer: Discuss reprinting, stonewall amendments, distribution to Town Hall, Library, Realtors, others, budget.
2. Update of Subcommittees.
2/28/13-Energy & Environment sponsored by CT Green Building Council.
4/14/13-CT Federation of Planning & Zoning. Annual Conference, Plantsville, CT
3/16/13, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m, CT Land use Law, CT Bar Association
On the motion of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:30 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly