Present: Toby Welles, seated as Chairman; Donald Stroetzel; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for N. King.
Absent: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Thomas Flagg; Nancy King; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting 1/22/13
Site Walk 1/26/13, 5 Whortleberry Road
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 1/22/13 Meeting Minutes.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of D. Stroetzel, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 1/26/13 Site Walk Minutes.
II. PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED
Resubdivision Application #523, Costa Stergue, 24 and 25 Costa Lane. 14.5 acres into 6 lots. Received 9/25/12. Presentation 10/23/12. Public Hearing opened 11/27/12, continued 12/10/12, 1/8/13, 1/22/13. Deadline to close, meeting of 2/26/13.
No one was present for the applicant. Linda Fitzgerald provided information on vernal pool inhabitants and noted her many concerns including blasting. Diane Dooley was present and noted her concerns. G. Connolly spoke regarding the use of Regulations as guidelines.
The following motion was made by T. Welles: “Having voted on 12/10/12 to waive the requirements of Subdivision Regulation Section 4.3.10 to restore the name of “Costa Lane” in perpetuity in order to prevent hardship for the affected residents, and having determined on advice of our engineering consultant that the cash bond credit being held by the Town is sufficient to complete the unfinished work required to meet Town standards whether completed as planned by the applicant, or if necessary by the Town or its contractors, I move to recommend to the Board of Selectmen that this road be proposed for acceptance as a Town Road at the Town Meeting to be held on Wednesday, February 13, 2013.” R. O’Brien seconded the motion. It was unanimously approved.
The Public Hearing will continue on 2/26/13.
1. Reference App. #434, Lot 1SP, David Geil, owner, 5 Whortleberry Road. To submit as-built map adjusting the Building Construction Restriction Line to new building footprint approved by ZBA. Discuss Site Walk.
D. Geil was present and the map was reviewed.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of D. Stroetzel, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the expanded Building Construction Restriction area comprising the portion of the property running southwesterly from the house and with the rear line running parallel to the front line at a depth of 60 feet.
Upon completion, Mr. Geil will submit the revised map to the Land Use Office for final approval.
2. Incentive Housing Zones. Discussion. Final review. Design Standards and recommendations for attachments to Zoning Regulations.
T. Welles reported that he has completed the mapping of Old Mill Road. Discussion will continue pending receipt of new information.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Construction Restriction Line.
2. Reference Subdivision App. #391, Lot 8-A, 163 Sunset Hill Road, Kathlene Tracy. Request to create additional driveway entrance.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discussion recommendations for action.
4. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports from Commissioners.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
1. Scenic Road Flyer: Discuss reprinting, stonewall amendments, distribution to Town Hall, Library, Realtors, others, budget.
The assessor will be reminded that Scenic Road designations should be added to tax field cards.
2. Update of Subcommittees.
3. Saugatuck River Watershed Hikes
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:15 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly