Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Thomas Flagg, seated at 7:35 p.m.; Nancy King; Donald Stroetzel; Toby Welles; Regina O’Brien, Alt.; Jerry Sarnelli, Alt., seated for T. Flagg until 7:35 p.m.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m. R. O’Brien was welcomed to the Commission as an alternate. It was decided to hear Administrative Item #1 before holding the Public Hearing.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting 1/8/13
On the motion of J. Sarnelli and the second of D. Stroetzel, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 1/8/13 Meeting Minutes.
1. Reference App. #434, Lot 1SP, David Geil, owner, 5 Whortleberry Road. To submit as-built map adjusting the Building Construction Restriction Line to new building footprint approved by ZBA.
D. Geil was present. Maps were reviewed in detail. A Site Walk was scheduled for Sat., 1/26/13 at 11:30 a.m. Mr. Geil was requested to stake corners of the proposed Building Construction Restriction Line.
II. PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED
Resubdivision Application #523, Costa Stergue, 24 and 25 Costa Lane. 14.5 acres into 6 lots. Received 9/25/12. Presentation 10/23/12. Public Hearing opened 11/27/12, continued 12/10/12; 1/8/13.
C. Stergue was present in addition to J. Palmer. D. Taylor noted receipt of a letter dated 1/15/13 from Atty. Neil Marcus re: discussion with Planning Counsel regarding acceptance of Costa Lane. The Chairman noted the date of the Board of Selectmen meeting as 1/28/13 and the Town Meeting as 2/13/13.
Mr. Palmer reviewed his supplemental engineering report that was submitted on 1/17/13.
J. Dooley, 3 Costa Lane, questioned how the Commission enforces regulations during construction. J. Brooks stated that the Conservation Commission is requiring a Clerk of the Works for this application as part of their approval.
L. Fitzgerald, 170 Gallows Hill Road, noted her concerns re: vernal pool issues. D. Taylor requested that the public submit their requests in writing for consideration during deliberation.
G. Connolly, Meeker Hill, noted the importance to not overlook specific Regulations when considering this application.
The vernal pool buffer was reviewed.
The Public Hearing is continued and the deadline to close was extended to the meeting of 2/26/13.
III. ADMINISTRATIVE –Continued
2. Incentive Housing Zones. Discussion. Final review. Design Standards and recommendations for attachments to Zoning Regulations.
Final review pending receipt of information from J. Hayes. J. Brooks will determine if O.P.M. has a deadline for submission.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports from Commissioners.
Commissioners reviewed their road assignments. A letter will be written re: wooden fence on Cross Highway requesting information concerning proposed repair.
T. Welles has been assigned Lee Lane. T. Flagg will review his assignments and submit a report for the next meeting.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, Petra Koegel, owner, 16 Costa Lane. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line.
2. Reference Subdivision App. #391, Lot #8-A, 163 sunset Hill Road, Kathlene Tracy. Request to create an additional driveway entrance.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
On the motion of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:55 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly