Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon; Anda Cummings; Nancy King; Michael Nostin, Alt.; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for T. Welles.
Absent: Toby Welles
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Minutes of 5/26/15
On the motion of N. King and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted to approve the 5/26/15 Meeting Minutes. J. Bacon abstained.
II. PUBLIC HEARING –TO CLOSE OR EXTEND
Subdivision Application #526, Willard and Catherine Rowley (owners) – “Old Stone Estates, LLC”, P.W. Scott Engineering & Architecture, PC (agent). 12 Marchant and 55 Chestnut Woods Roads. Proposed subdivision of 65.60 acres into 12 lots. (App. #525 withdrawn at Meeting of 2/24/15.) Received 3/10/15. Presentation 3/24/15, continued 4/14/15, 4/28/15. Public Hearing Opened 5/12/15. Deadline to close, Meeting of 6/9/15.
P. Coates, Atty. P. Scalzo, Atty. M. Simon and P. Scott were present for the applicant. S. Reeves and C. Couch were also present.
P. Scott reported that the final report from Cityscapes is pending and has had input from S. Reeves. J. Brooks reported that J. Hayes does not have any open issues. P. Scalzo submitted a waiver request letter. D. Taylor clarified that only the Commission can approve a waiver.
Atty. Scalzo read his 6/3/15 email requesting that the Public Hearing be closed on 6/9/15. D. Taylor noted concern about closing the Public Hearing due to unresolved language re: Lot 12. J. Brooks stated that Commission Counsel is reviewing the enforcement issue and final language is pending.
Upon request of the applicant, the Public Hearing will be extended to the meeting of June 23, 2015 for the purpose of receiving Atty. Olson’s language re: Lot 12.
1. Scenic Roads: Letters for review and approval
- 100 Umpawaug Road-mirrors, J. Brooks. A letter from J. Brooks was reviewed and will be sent.
- Poverty Hollow Road-sign resolution, T. Welles. T. Welles’ letter was reviewed and will be sent to J. Pemberton and J. Hansen.
- Cross Highway-reconstruction resolution, R. O’Brien. R. O’Brien’s letter is in progress and will be submitted for the next meeting.
- Regina O’Brien is also drafting a letter for review re: excessive trimming.
- Umpawaug Road-Fire House trees, N. King. N. King’s letter will be forwarded to J. Pemberton and J. Hansen.
- D. Taylor will write a letter to E. Killian re: stone wall construction on Umpawaug Road.
- Limekiln Road-Scenic Road sign missing. Ted Ogonek was present and confirmed that the original sign was replaced with an incorrect sign that does not have the additional “Scenic Road” notation.
- Topstone Road Complaint-needs resolution. J. Pemberton will be contacted re: meeting to determine next steps.
- Pine Tree Road Complaint. P. Merrill was present. Mr. Merrill reported on his meetings with J. Pemberton re: skim coating the road as an interim solution until major work can be done in 2020. D. Taylor will draft letters to J. Pemberton and J. Hansen urging the skim coating to be done this summer.
- Goodsell Hill Road. D. Taylor will follow up with J. Pemberton.
- Jose Goncalves, App’l #506, Lot #2, 220 Umpawaug Road. Request to enlarge Building Construction & Restriction Line a short distance. Need map showing new line.
- Reference App’l #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner, ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks,. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/05/15 – Petra to contact engineer.
- Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations.
- Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
No items for discussion.
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly