Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Toby Welles; Michael Nostin, Alt.
Absent: Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:42 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES –Meeting of 6/9/15
On the motion of J. Bacon and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 6/9/15 Meeting Minutes.
II. PUBLIC HEARING – TO CLOSE
Subdivision Application #526, Willard and Catherine Rowley (owners) – “Old Stone Estates, LLC”, P.W. Scott Engineering & Architecture, PC (agent). 12 Marchant and 55 Chestnut Woods Roads. Proposed subdivision of 65.60 acres into 12 lots. (App. #525 withdrawn at Meeting of 2/24/15.) Received 3/10/15. Presentation 3/24/15, continued 4/14/15, 4/28/15. Public Hearing Opened 5/12/15. Continued 5/26/15, 6/9/15.
Parker Coates, Peder Scott, Atty. Peter Scalzo and Atty. Matthew Simon were present for the applicant. D. Taylor noted receipt of and read the following letters and reports into the record:
6/22/15 letter from S. Reeve
6/22/15 submission of Appendix 1 from Gail Guillet, CityScape
6/23/15 letter from Charlie Couch
P. Scott reviewed and submitted a final map. Atty. Scalzo noted that he is in contact with Commission Counsel re: final easement language.
On the motion of D. Taylor and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to close the Public Hearing.
1. Jose Goncalves, App. #506, Lot #2, 220 Umpawaug Road. Request to enlarge Building Construction 7 Restriction Line a short distance. To discuss map showing new line with landscape architect.
Jose Goncalves was present in addition to his landscape architect, Brook Clark. The proposed plan and original site plans were reviewed.
The need to establish both the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line and the clearing line was discussed. In addition, two unobstructed parking places need to be added to the plans.
Scenic Roads. Letters sent. Response status.
- 100 Umpawaug Road – mirrors. J. Brooks. Response pending.
- Poverty Hollow Road-sign resolution. T. Welles. Response pending. J. Brooks will write a letter.
- Cross Highway – reconstruction resolution. R. O’Brien. Letter has been reviewed and will be sent with edits from J. Brooks.
- Umpawaug Road – Fire House trees. N. King. Letter has been sent. No response needed.
- Topstone Road – J. Hansen is attending a program at UConn re: gravel road maintenance.
- Limekiln Road Complaint needs resolution from Redding Planning Commission – current status. Scenic Road signs have been replaced.
- Pine Tree Road Complaint. Patrick Merrill requests action – current status. Skim coat process has been approved. T. Welles has forwarded qualifying information to Google re: database correction.
- Letter from R. O’Brien re: excessive trimming is pending.
- Stepney Road Bridge: T. Welles will follow up with J. Pemberton re: meeting.
1. Ref. App. #505, Lot #3, 16 Costa Lane, Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/15 – Petra to contact engineer.
A letter will be sent reviewing the map requirement. J. Brooks will request a meeting with A. Pardee and the Chairman of ZBA to discuss records and procedures.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations.
3. Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent
V. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
- CT Fund for the Environment tree meeting is scheduled for 8/9/15. See J. Brooks if interested in attending.
- Letter re: IHZ was sent to J. Pemberton. Response pending.
- J. Brooks requested Commissioners to call the Governor’s office to request budget veto re: forest and tree issue.
On the motion of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:55 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly