Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Toby Welles; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for James Bacon.
Absent: James Bacon; Michael Nostin, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 9/9/14
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 9/9/14 Minutes as amended: Page 2, fourth paragraph, fourth line, change to “to preserve the historic structure in its current state and noting that the structure pre-dates Zoning Regulations.”
1. Referral from Zoning. 26 and 30 Goodsell Hill Road. Application for Special Use Permit and Land Management Plan for land clearing in excess of one-half acre and excavation, filling or regrading in excess of 300 cubic yards.
D. Taylor read a report submitted by John Hayes.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to send a letter of support to the Zoning Commission since the referral is in conformance with the Town Plan of Conservation & Development. The Commission noted an error in the setbacks.
2. Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports. In-depth discussion of all Scenic Roads. Reassign Pine Tree Road and John Read Road to members of Planning Commission.
Daisy Shelley, 11 Wayside Lane, was present to request permission to reconstruct a portion of the stone wall. T. Welles stated that the Scenic Road stonewall guidelines need to be adhered to. A 10-foot sample section will be constructed and Ms. Shelley will contact the Land Use Office when it is complete for Commissioners to inspect. Planting guidelines will be addressed after the stonewall is complete.
Mr. and Mrs. Good of Topstone Road were present re: road widening. A summit meeting with Selectmen, Police and Planning Commission members will be scheduled to reassert the parameters of the Scenic Road Ordinance and review remediation.
Walter King of 252 Poverty Hollow Road noted his concerns re: recent road widening on Poverty Hollow and Cross Highway.
T. Welles’ assessment of Pine Tree Road is pending.
Umpawaug Road drainage work was discussed.
Maria Vanoni and Richard Heyman of 56 Marchant Road were present re: speed hump. Video was shown of traffic following installation of one speed hump at the approved location.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously after deliberation, that the Planning Commission feels that the only proper solution to the sight line issues at 56 Marchant Road is regrading the road, however, since it is time consuming and costly, an interim remedial solution is installation of a second speed hump. Regrading should wait until reconstruction takes place.
3. Final review of Section 4.5.
Discussion tabled until the next meeting.
III. PENDING ITEMS—NOT CURRENTLY FOR ACTION
1. Reference Application #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/14 contacting engineer.
2. Subdivision Application #402, 2 John Todd Way, Lot One. Request to alter Building Construction Restriction Line. Andrew Wertheim and Sybil Peyer (owners), Nick Nelson (agent). Site Walk 3/29/14. Discussion 4/8/14. Map submitted with application.
3. Request for Plantings, 206 Umpawaug Road. Discussion of easement.
4. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
5. Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
6. Kathlene Tracey, 161 Sunset Hill Road, alteration to driveway. To retain engineering advice on sightlines.
7. Status of Limekiln Road. Cleanup is ongoing. Ted Ogonek.
8. Overlook Lane. Request to repave at 18’ wide. Ted Ogonek. Letter sent to Selectmen.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Discuss amendments to Standard Conditions.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adopt the revised Standard Conditions to 4H.
On the motion of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:40 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly