Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Toby Welles; Michael Nostin, Alt.
Absent: Regina O’Brien, Alt.
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:34 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 8/25/15-Approved 9/8/15
-Meeting of 9/22/15-Cancelled
1. Reference App. #495, Lot 55 1A, 51 Mountain Road. Request to alter Building Construction and Restriction Line. Rob Gary, agent/builder.
Rob Gary was present. The Site Development Plan was displayed and the proposal to move the septic and leach field was reviewed. Prior approved maps were reviewed.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the new BCRL line showing the new septic and leach field locations.
2. Reference App. #524, Lt 2, 29 Turney Road, Robert M. Mozdzer, owner. Request to alter approved driveway.
M. Mazzucco and AJ Grasso were present for the applicant. Plans were displayed and the proposal was reviewed by Mr. Mazzucco. Mr. Grasso reviewed the catch basin locations.
On the motion of J. Bacon and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the request to alter approved driveway and allow requested increase in grade.
3. Referral from Redding Conservation Commission: Request to improve parking area at Trailhead of Sidecut Trail of Sidecut Road, a Designated Scenic Road.
David Pattee and Stuart Green were present for the Conservation Commission. D. Pattee reviewed the proposal accompanied by photos and a map.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to send a letter to the petition signers for Scenic Road status on Sidecut Road outlining points of discussion, the merits of approving such a change and seeking comment.
4. Referral from Wilton ZBA. Public Hearing 10/19/15, 29 Redding Road. To reconstruct a demolished front porch located in National Register Historic District.
D. Taylor read a report from J. Hayes.
On the motion of J. Bacon and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to forward a positive response to Wilton ZBA.
5. 56 Marchant Road—Vanoni/Heyman. Request to discuss drainage onto Scenic Road. Letter sent to First Selectmen. Con’t. Report from A. Pardee.
M. Nostin was seated for Nancy King who recused herself. D. Taylor read A. Pardee’s report.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to send a letter stating that only the protection of the stonewall is a Planning issue. Further resolution is between the engineer, Highway Dept., Zoning Dept., and Selectmen’s office.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/15-Petra to contact engineer.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations.
3. Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
4. Cul-de-sac Design and Maintenance to coordinate Highway Department needs and Planning Regulations.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly