Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Toby Welles; Michael Nostin, Alt.; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Absent: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 8/25/15
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 8/25/15 Meeting Minutes.
1. Referral from Zoning-Amendments to the Zoning Regulations Sections 4.3.2(a) and 4.3.3(a); addition of new Section 8.1.220 re adding a definition of a “Self Service Storage Facility” and to have Self Service Storage Facilities added to the permitted uses in the SB Zone only. Public Hearing 9/9/15. TO VOTE.
D. Taylor read J. Hayes’ report.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted to endorse the Amendments to the Zoning Regulations with the proviso that the portion of the SB Zone demarcated for use as IHZ be excluded for the uses outlined in the Referral. J. Bacon abstained.
2. Referral from Zoning –Request for a Special Use Permit for an accessory apartment in a detached garage. 60 Greenbush Road. Public Hearing 9/9/15. TO VOTE.
T. Welles read a report from J. Hayes.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to endorse the request for a Special Use Permit as it is in accordance with the Town Plan of Conservation & Development. J. Hayes’ notes will be attached because they bear relevance to not only this application but also to other similar applications in the future.
3. 56 Marchant Road-Vanoni/Heyman. Request to discuss drainage onto a Scenic Road. Letter sent to First Selectman. Continued. Report from A. Pardee.
Tabled pending receipt of report from A. Pardee, completion of which is contingent upon rain.
1. Scenic Roads (6/23/15 and 7/14/15)
a. Cross Highway-Poverty Hollow Road. Letter sent to Selectmen and Highway Superintendent re road trimming. Report from T. Welles.
b. Cross Highway-Paving (Reconstruction) Amendments. Letter sent to Selectmen and Highway Superintendent. Walk with First Selectman to be scheduled. Report A. Cumings.
c. Topstone Road-Jeff Hanson’s meeting re dirt roads cancelled due to storm/tornado. New information pending. Report T. Welles.
2. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/15-Petra to contact engineer.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discussion recommendations.
4. Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
5. Cul de Sac Design and Maintenance to coordinate Highway Department needs and Planning Regulations.
6. Jose Goncalves, App. #506, Lot #2, 220 Umpawaug Road. Site Walk 7/11/15. Request to enlarge Building Constriction & Restriction Line a short distance. Plan adhering to original concept approved. Awaiting final draft.
7. Goodsell Hill Road-Discuss reconfiguring Beeholm Road at the Rt. 107 intersection vs. one-way road. Letter sent to Selectmen.
IV CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
The CFE/Save the Sound Annual Meeting is 10/4/15 from 4:00 p.m-7:00 p.m.
T. Welles reported that the deal on the Biehn property is closed.
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:05 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly