Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon; Nancy King; Toby Welles; Michael Nostin, Alt., seated for A. Cumings; Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Absent: A. Cumings from 7:30 p.m. to 7:50 and 8:20 to 8:35 p.m.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:32 p.m.
On the motion of J. Bacon and the second of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to add Administrative Item 1A. to the Agenda.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 8/26/14
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 8/26/14 Meeting Minutes as corrected: Page 2, first paragraph under Scenic Road Monitoring, add “It was confirmed that Topstone Road would not be paved.”
1A. Ref. App. #524, Henry Sanford, 27 Turney Road. To discuss cost estimate and wall easement.
Mr. Sanford was present. The review process and bonding issue were reviewed in detail.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the changes to standard conditions on Part 4, Section H.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to apply said language to pre-existing Application #524 so it is part of the approved Application.
1B. Referral from Easton. “To construct a housing development with an affordable component.” Easton P&Z Public Hearing 9/16/14. TO VOTE.
John Hayes reviewed the proposal and associated reports. The Commission concurred that although the referral was not formally sent to the Planning Commission, a letter will be written noting concern for the watershed.
2. Referral from Zoning. Peter Mygatt, 39 Orchard Drive. Proposed apartment in accessory building. Zoning Public Hearing 9/10/14. TO VOTE.
Mr. Mygatt was present. After review of methods to configure the non-conforming structure to comply with Regulations, the Commission voted unanimously to send a letter to the Zoning Commission with the recommendation to preserve the historic structure it its current state and noting that the structure pre-dates Zoning Regulations.
III. PENDING ITEMS – NOT CURRENTLY FOR ACTION
- Reference Application #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/14 contacting engineer.
- Subdivision Application #402, 2 John Todd Way, Lot One. Request to alter Building Construction Restriction Line. Andrew Wertheim and Sybil Peyer (owners), Nick Nelson (agent). Site Walk 3/29/14. Discussion 4/8/14. Map submitted with application.
- Request for Plantings, 206 Umpawaug Road. Discussion of easement.
- Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discuss recommendations for action.
- Sight Line Regulations. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
- Kathlene Tracey, 161 Sunset Hill Road, alteration to driveway. To retain engineering advice on sightlines.
- Status of Limekiln Road. Cleanup is on going. Ted. Ogonek.
- Overlook Lane. Request to repave at 18’ wide. Ted Ogonek. Letter sent to Selectmen.
- Scenic Road Monitoring. Volunteers’ Reports.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
J. Bacon will write the Planning Commission portion of the Annual Report.
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:35 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly