Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Anda Cumings; Toby Welles; Laura Hoeing, Alt., seated for J. Bacon; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for N. King.
Absent: James Bacon; Nancy King; Michael Nostin, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
Douglas Fuchs, Police Chief
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 1/12/16
Meeting of 2/23/16 Cancelled
Meeting of 2/9/16 Cancelled
Meeting of 1/26/16 Cancelled
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 1/12/16 Meeting Minutes as submitted.
- Police Tower.
Police Chief D. Fuchs was present to submit copies of documents required as proof of the Route 58 Cell Tower construction as previously voted by the Planning Commission.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of L. Hoeing, the Commission voted unanimously that sufficient proof of the Route 58 Cell Tower Siting Counsel approval and construction contracts has been provided to approve the request for a 120-foot height for the communication tower situated at the Redding Police Station.
- Subcommittee Appointments. Discussion.
Subcommittee assignments were made and will be finalized at the next meeting.
- Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discussion.
J. Brooks will determine the location of the original digital version of the current Town Plan.
- Subdivision Regulations. Possible Discussion.
- Scenic Road Monitoring per updated Subcommittee list.
Scenic Road assignments were reviewed and updated.
- Police Tower, Redding Center. Proof that Ridge Tower will be built according to plan is needed to satisfy original Redding Planning Commission vote. Discussion.
- Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/15-Petra to contact engineer. No response. Warning issued. Survey in progress 1/20/16.
- Subdivision App. #467, Lot #K8, 63 Fire Hill Road. Heather Sung and Kirt Frederickson, owners. Request to extend patio outside of the Buildable Area. BCRL map due. Survey not yet completed as of 1/21/16.
- Sight Line Regulations and Cul de Sac Design. Discussion with Zoning, Police Chief, Highway Superintendent.
- Town Plan of Conservation & Development. 1/12/16. To include Lighting.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
D. Taylor read a letter of resignation from Michael Nostin. D. Taylor reiterated the need for Republican replacements to open positions on the Commission.
N. King and T. Welles have been honored for 12 years of service on the Commission by the CT Federation of Planning & Zoning.
On the motion of T. Welles, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:37 p.m.
Kristi C. Reilly