Tuesday, May 10, 2016
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Nancy King, seated as Chairman; Anda Cumings; Laura Hoeing, Alt., seated for T. Welles; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for Diane Taylor; Michael Nostin, Alt.
Absent: Diane Taylor, Chairman; Toby Welles
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator and John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Minutes of 4/12/16; -Meeting of 4/26/16 Cancelled
On the motion of A. Cumings and the second of L. Hoeing, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 4/12/16 Meeting Minutes as corrected: Page 2, third paragraph, change to “L. Hoeing will monitor John Read Rd. N. King reported on the continuation of storm water runoff over the stonewall in front of 56/58 Marchant. A curb or catch basin is needed.”
1. 83 Limekiln Road, Palma Harmon. Request to reconstruct stone wall on a Designated Scenic Road.
P. Harmon was present. N. King read a site inspection report from T. Welles. Suggestions for an appropriate terminus to the wall were reviewed. R. O’Brien and N. King will forward photos of examples to Mrs. Harmon. The Scenic Road flyer will be sent to the Building Department for future reference.
On the motion of A. Cumings and the second of L. Hoeing, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the reconstructed stonewall and construction of a terminus per photograph examples to be forwarded by the Commission.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development. Discussion. John Hayes TOCD Recommendations. Subcommittee Priority Recommendations for future action on each Chapter, where pertinent, goals should be stated in terms of low impact development.
Meeting with J. Hayes, N. King and T. Welles is pending. J. Hayes reported that he is working on town map and survey. He also recommended a Georgetown Subcommittee.
N. King will follow up with J. Pemberton re: Incentive Housing meeting. L. Hoeing will discuss with Sen. Boucher.
The Commission is still in need of additional members.
3. Referral from Zoning, 1 Lonetown Road, Augustus Ford. Request for a Special Use Permit for an accessory apartment in existing barn. Zoning Public Hearing 5/11/16. TO VOTE.
Mr. Ford was present. J. Hayes reviewed his report and noted that the proposal is consistent with the Town Plan of Conservation & Development.
On the motion of R. O’Brien and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to forward a positive referral to the Zoning Commission.
4. Referral from Zoning, 40 Huckleberry Road, William Whitehead, Jr. Request for a Special Use Permit for an accessory apartment in existing dwelling. Zoning Public Hearing 5/11/16. TO VOTE.
No one was present for the applicant. J. Hayes reviewed his report citing numerous deficiencies.
On the motion of A. Cumings and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to send a negative response to the request for a Special Use Permit based on the incomplete application.
5. Subdivision App. #467, Lot #K8, 63 Fire Hill Road. Heather Sung and Kirt Frederickson, owners. Request to extend patio outside of the Buildable Area. Survey showing new BCRL received for review.
The new BCRL map was reviewed.
On the motion of R. O’Brien and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the revised BCRL.
1. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction Restriction Line. 6/5/15-Petra to contact engineer. No Response. Warning issued. Survey in progress 1/20/16.
2. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed. (7 Meadow edge problem 3/22/16.)
3. 64 Cross Highway, Susan Lockwood: Alteration to a Scenic Road. Request to change curb cut to improve sightlines approved 4/12/16 per Steve Kochis.
4. Subdivision Regulations.
5. Scenic Road Monitoring.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
A bee keeper and beehives are needed for a project. Any suggestions can be forwarded to R. O’Brien.
On the motion of A. Cumings and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:15 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly