Tuesday, July 26, 2016
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Diane Taylor, Chairman; James Bacon; Anda Cumings; Nancy King; Laura Hoeing, Alt., seated for T. Welles.
Absent: Toby Welles; Michael Nostin, Alt., Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator and John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Minutes of July 12, 2016
On the motion of N. King and the second of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 7/12/16 Meeting Minutes.
1. Reference App. #506, Lot #2, 220 Umpawaug Road. Brook Clark (agent). Request to alter BCRL.
Brook Clark and Janice Parker of Janice Parker Landscape Architects were present for the applicant. The proposal and map were reviewed in detail. D. Taylor requested identification of the existing BCRl. on the map.
Site Walks will be conducted on an individual basis. Janice Parker noted that the site is an unstable construction site; therefore, Commissioners should contact B. Clark to assure the presence of the site supervisor during the Site Walk.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development
-Subcommittee Priority Recommendations for current action on each Chapter. (pertinent goals should be stated in terms of low impact development).
-John Hayes update.
Commissioners reviewed status of assigned chapters.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring
D. Taylor noted a change in signage on Umpawaug Road re: thru trucks. A letter will be sent to the Police Department. The condition of Topstone Road was discussed. N. King will photograph the areas of concern and send images and excerpts from the Scenic Road Maintenance booklet to J. Pemberton.
D. Taylor stated that concerns reported by the public or observations by Commissioners should be reported to the assigned Commissioner.
A. Cumings noted missing guardrails on Sherman Turnpike.
4. Section 4.5. Final Revision Review.
A report from J. Hayes is pending.
1. Subdivision Regulation Revisions.
2. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed. (7 Meadow edge problem 3/22/16.)
3. Common Driveway Easement and Maintenance Agreement for standard use.
4. 64 Cross Highway, Susan Lockwood: Alteration to a Scenic Road. Request to change curb cut to improve sightlines approved 4/12/16 per Steve Kochis.
5. Reference App. #348, Lot 2, 8 Putnam Hill Drive. Fred Aley, owner. Map to be submitted showing new BCRL.
6. Reference App. #505, Lot 3, 16 Costa Lane. Petra Koegel, owner. ZBA approved location of dog kennel and shed outside the Zoning setbacks. Location approved by Planning. To submit a map showing the adjusted Building Construction and Restriction Line. 6/5/15-Petra to contact engineer. No Response. Warning issued. Survey in progress 1/20/16.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
1. Attorney Olson sending final letter to Petra Koegel (Pending III. 6) .
2. Original Act #490 Subcommittee Report was donated by Bernie O’Neill. Was received from the library. A letter of thanks will be written.
On the motion of J. Bacon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:46 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly