Redding Planning Commission
P.O. Box 1028
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Toby Welles, Acting Chairman; Steve Gagnon; Laura Hoeing; Nancy King; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for A. Cuming.
Absent: A. Cuming; C. Matzke, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:32 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 5/23/17
On the motion of N. King and the second of R. O’Brien, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 5/23/17 Meeting Minutes.
1. Ref. App. #351, Lot 16, 66 Deer Hill Road, Stuart Laidlaw. Request to alter BCRL and drainage. 40-scale map supplied by Redding Planning Commission.
Discussion tabled pending attendance by Mr. Laidlaw. J. Brooks will contact Mr. Laidlaw re update.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008.
Newly submitted chapters were reviewed. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission members.
Re: Poverty Hollow, T. Welles noted the construction apron and reported that a request to construct a stone wall has been received. A letter will be sent re: stone wall guidelines on a Scenic Road.
4. Subdivision Regulation Revisions. S.R, 4.5. Discussion.
5. Referral from Zoning, 81 Sunset Hill Road. Michele Holmes. Request for accessory apartment. TO VOTE.
John Hayes reviewed the referral. A letter will be written noting three areas of concern: 1) secondary egress in main house; 2) sharp turn on stairs; 3) the proximity of parked cars to the doorway in case of emergency.
6. Referral from Zoning, 53 Deacon Abbott Road. G.M. Sinsigalli. Request for accessory apartment. TO VOTE.
John Hayes reviewed the referral. A letter will be forwarded requesting a properly labeled, complete and up-to-date site plan and clarification of ownership of the abutting park preserve.
1. 64 Cross Highway, Susan Lockwood: Alteration to a Scenic Road. Request to change curb cut to improve sightlines approved 4/12/16 per Steve Kochis.
2. Ref. App. #348, Lot 2, 8 Putnam Hill Drive. Fred Aley, owner. Map to be submitted showing new BCRL.
3. Ref. App. #505. Request for Costa Stergue to complete his road to Town requirements. Alexis Bennett, 20 Costa Lane. Tabled on 1/24/17.
4. Changes to IHZ overlap zone on Old Mill Road.
5. Common Driveway Easement and Maintenance Agreement for standard use per App. #496, 7/12/16.
6. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge Problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions. To be included in S.R. 4.8
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Toby Welles provided an update re: proposed Ridgefield ballfields. The next Public Hearing is scheduled for June 20.
John Hayes reviewed the plan for a new intersection at the W. Redding train station and noted that he is looking forward to reviewing the plan as a referral.
Mr. Hayes reported a current projection of 57% of Connecticut residents will be over 65 years of age by 2040.
On the motion of N. King, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:50 p.m.