Redding Planning Commission
P.O. Box 1028
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Toby Welles, Acting Chairman; Anda Cuming; James Bacon, Alt., seated for S. Gagnon; Claire Matzke, Alt., seated for N. King.
Absent: S. Gagnon; Nancy King; R. O’Brien, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
John Hayes, Town Planning Consultant
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 11/14//17
On the motion of J. Bacon and the second of C. Matzke, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 11/14/17 Meeting Minutes.
1. Referral from Ridgefield: Amendment to create new Section 5-7. Mixed Use Overlay Zone. Public Hearing continued to 12/19/17.
A report from John Hayes was read into the record by T. Welles. The issues of concern were noted by Commissioners including the proximity to Redding, potential for traffic tie-ups, and that the proposal is predicated on access to Redding’s sewage treatment plan that is already at capacity.
Toby Welles will write a letter and seek endorsement from the First Selectman to forward to Ridgefield.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008
2008 Plan Recommendations to be submitted to the office by email with the following advice (a) to be pursued currently, (b) to be continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) to be discontinued. All chapters to be emailed to: Planning@townofreddingct.org.
John Hayes noted the difficulty in obtaining updated GIS data from CDM.
The goal is to complete revisions by the end of December, 2017.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors.
The status of the orange fence on Cross Highway was discussed. No final conclusion was decided.
4. Subdivision Regulation Revisions: S.R. 4.5. Discussion.
John Hayes will submit written comments for further discussion.
5. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. Updated version reviewed by Counsel. Discussion of Commission’s review.
T. Welles will contact Commission Counsel re: red-line issues. J. Bacon suggested establishing guidelines for arbitration.
A letter will be written to Counsel addressing the following issues:
a) establishment of standard provisions; b) guidelines re: Town involvement; c) suggesting a single arbitrator; d) time limit for arbitration; e) construction of a simple arbitration model.
6. IHZ Status. Discussion for action.
John Hayes presented a name for possible Chair of the IHZ subcommittee.
T. Welles will contact and will report back at the next meeting.
III. PRESENTATION. SCHEDULE SITE WALK AND PUBLIC HEARING.
Resubdivision App. #527, 42 Wayside Lane, Paula S. Cartoun, Trust. Proposed resubdivision of 9.31 acres into 2 lots.
Michael Mazzucco and Andy Cartoun were present. A presentation was made accompanied by site development plans.
A Site Walk is scheduled for Fri., 12/1/17 at 8:00 a.m. The Public Hearing will open on 1/9/18.
1. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
2. Cul-de-sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
James Bacon requested that the Land Use Office and Commissioners be mindful of the amount of emails being sent or forwarded and determine if it is vital before sending.
On the motion of C. Matzke, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:15 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly