Redding Planning Commission
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Toby Welles, Acting Chairman; Anda Cuming; Steve Gagnon; Regina O’Brien, Alt., seated for N. King.
Absent: Nancy King; James Bacon, Alt., Claire Matzke, Alt.
Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 11/28//17
Site Walk 12/1/17, App. #527, 62 Wayside Lane, Cartoun Trust
On the motion of S. Gagnon and the second of A. Cuming, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 11/28/17 Meeting Minutes. Proposed edits were already included in the final and posted version of the 11/28/17 Minutes.
On the motion of T. Welles and the second of A. Cuming, the Commission voted to approve the 12/1/17 Site Walk Minutes. S. Gagnon and R. O’Brien abstained.
Addendum: Resubdivision App. #527, 42 Wayside Lane, Paula S. Cartoun, Trust. Proposed resubdivision of 9.31 acres into 2 lots. Site Walk 12/1/17. Discussion.
Michael Mazzucco was present to discuss draft revised plans depicting a change in the driveway location to away from the wetland in addition to a change at the beginning of the driveway for better sight lines and a minor modification to the stone wall.
Mr. Welles stated that a map depicting the road, contour lines and visibility was provided to Aimee Pardee who noted that due to the lack of an uninterrupted line of sight, approval needs to be granted from the Zoning Board of Appeals. Mr. Mazzucco does not feel this is necessary and believes his plans will remedy the problem.
Per Mr. Mazzucco, the final revised plans will be submitted upon completion.
1. Referral from Ridgefield: Amendment to create new Section 5-7. Mixed Use Overlay Zone. Public Hearing continued to 12/19/17.
Toby Welles read a draft letter which will be forwarded to Commissioners for review and comment. The final version will be forwarded to Ridgefield when all proposed changes have been received.
2. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008
2008 Plan Recommendations to be submitted to the office by email with the following advice (a) to be pursued currently, (b) to be continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) to be discontinued. All chapters to be emailed to: Planning@townofreddingct.org.
No new discussion pending receipt of new information or completed chapters.
3. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors.
No new reports.
4. Subdivision Regulation Revisions: S.R. 4.5. Discussion.
A report from J. Hayes is pending.
5. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. Updated version reviewed by Counsel. Discussion of Commission’s review.
Discussion tabled pending final edit of the draft agreement.
6. IHZ Status. Discussion for action.
T. Welles will contact a possible Chair for the IHZ Committee and will report back at the next meeting.
7. Referral from Zoning: 230 Poverty Hollow Road. Request for a Special Use permit for an Accessory Apartment within an Existing Accessory Building. Public Hearing 12/13/17.
The request was reviewed. The Commission decided to approve conceptually and advise that further details are needed before final Zoning approval.
1. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
2. Cul-de-sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
3. Resubdivision App. #527, 42 Wayside Lane, Paula S. Cartoun, Trust. Proposed resubdivision of 9.31 acres into 2 lots. Presentation 11/28/17. Public Hearing to open 1/9/18.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
On the motion of S. Gagnon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:20 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly