Redding Planning Commission
P.O. Box 1028
Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House
Present: Toby Welles, Chairman; Anda Cumings; Steve Gagnon; Nancy King; Chuck Cilo; Claire Matzke, Alt., Regina O’Brien, Alt.
Absent: James Bacon, Alt.
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m.
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Meeting of 2/13/18
Site Walks 2/25/18, 40 Mountain Road, Jay Keillor and
52 Mountain Road, Pay Dirt LLC
On the motion of N. King and the second of S. Gagnon, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the 2/13/18 Minutes and the Site Walk Minutes with the change to add Chuck Cilo to the list of attendants.
II. PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED
Resubdivision App. #527, 42 Wayside Lane, Paula S. Cartoun, Trust. Proposed resubdivision of 9.31 acres into 2 lots. Presentation 11/28/17. Public Hearing opened 1/9/18. Continued 1/23/18, 2/13/18. Extension granted to 2/27/18.
Michael Mazzucco was present in addition to Mr. and Mrs. Cartoun.
Mr. Mazzucco submitted and reviewed the revised site development plan. A cultural resource line and a list of cultural resources were added. A concern as noted re: contour line. J. Brooks will contact Mr. Mazzucco to discuss.
Toby Welles read language outlining circumstances for possible future archaeological survey requirements. The applicant’s attorney and Commission Counsel will review the language. The applicant noted their concern regarding the scope of a survey should work be proposed.
On the motion of S. Gagnon and the second of C. Cilo, the Commission voted unanimously to close the Public Hearing.
1. App. #504, Mountainside Estates. Jay Keillor requests permission to move the driveway to the south. Site Walk 2/25/18. Report from John Hayes.
Jay Keillor was present. Per John Hayes, a reapplication will be required if another lot is proposed. Mr. Keillor noted that the driveway location adjustment is due to the unintended consequence of lights and their effect on the neighbor.
The language of the prior application will be reviewed and Mr. Keillor will review the options and report back at the next meeting.
2. Reference App. #513, 52 Mountain Road, “Pay Dirt LLC”, Atty. Neil Marcus, agent. Request to amend approved subdivision. Site Walk 2/25/18. Report from J. Hayes.
Atty. Neil Marcus was in attendance along with Mike Mazzucco and Bill Deickler, Pay Dirt LLC.
Per a discussion with John Hayes, T. Welles reviewed Subdivision Regulation 4.1.9d and noted that the proposed accessway travels through the minimum rectangle.
Mr. Deickler reviewed the bond status and stated that the stonewall, drainage, driveway and fire tank issues have been resolved. He requested a resolution to the bonding issues.
Atty. Marcus will evaluate the minimum rectangle regulation for discussion at the next meeting.
3. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008
2008 Plan Recommendations to be submitted to the office by email with the following advice: (a) to be pursued currently, (b) to be continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) to be discontinued. All chapters to be emailed to: Planning@townofreddingct.org.
Mr. Cilo will contact Laura Hoeing re: Town Plan of Conservation & Development assignments and progress.
Toby Welles reviewed the areas that the Georgetown section should include.
4. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors.
5. Subdivision Regulation Revisions: S.R. 4.5. Discussion.
6. Draft Driveway Easement & Maintenance Agreement. Received 7/11/17. Updated version reviewed by Counsel. Discussion of Commission’s review.
Comments have been received. T. Welles has requested additional clarification.
7. IHZ Status. Discussion for action.
1. Changes to IHZ overlay zone on Old Mill Road.
2. Cul-de-sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions.
3. Establish W. Redding as an attractive Cultural Center.
IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
On the motion of S. Gagnon, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 8:40 p.m.
Submitted by: Kristi C. Reilly