Redding Planning Commission – Site Walk Minutes
Saturday, January 7, 2017, 11:45am – weather: very cold and snowing
Application # 504, Mountainside Estates, 34 Mountain Road
Present: Commissioners:Nancy King, Regina O’Brien, Laura Hoeing and Interested Redding Residents: Mark Hoeing, Claire Matzke and Matt Seidel. Representing the Property Owner: Joe Nazzaro of Nazzaro Inc., and Rich Sammon, Design Engineer from Solli Engineering.
Regina, Laura and I reviewed the subject property with Joe Nazzaro, the owner’s representative as Jay Keillor was out of town. Joe pointed out the following items on the property :
- Location for required 10,000 gallon water tank for fire suppression– applicant would like to waive the requirement to install tank due to expense on the 3 Lot subdivision. For discussion.
- Location for required guiderail along driveway for 170 feet for safety – applicant would like to replace guiderail with boulders along driveway. For discussion.
- Location of main shared driveway junction to two separate properties where applicant would like to increase the maximum required slope of 5% in the section of driveway leading to LOT 1. This would also result in the driveway leading to LOT 2 a steeper descent. For discussion.
- Eliminate or reduce the number of iron pins and concrete monuments currently on the subdivision map. For discussion.
- The driveway curb cut location and associated historic stone walls that would need to be relocated to improve sight lines, roadside embankment that would need to be lowered, as well as significant tree that would need to be removed. Applicant requests use of 10 feet from road vs. 15 feet to driver’s eye for site distance. Question: If this was an approved subdivision, why does this relocation of driveway need to take place now?? Plan and Sight Line Profile submitted showing photos at 10’ from edge of road and 15’ from edge of road. Item for discussion.
- Regular bond releases as work items are completed. Standard procedure.
These items will need to be discussed by the Commissioners at our next Planning Meeting on January 10th, informed by our observations from the site walk. The site walk ended at 12:45 p.m.
Submitted by Nancy King
January 9, 2017