Select Page

Minutes of Planning Commission, 04/25/2017

AGENDA: Planning Commission

RECEIVED 04/26/2017 2:18pm
Michele R. Grande – Redding Town Clerk

MINUTES

Tuesday, April 25, 2017
7:30 p.m. – Old Town House

Present: Toby Welles, seated as Chairman; James Bacon; Anda Cumings; Laura Hoeing; Nancy King; Claire Matzke, Alt.
Absent: Regina O’Brien, Alt.

Also present: Jo-an Brooks, Land Use Coordinator

The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.

I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -Meeting of 4/11/17
On the motion of N. King and the second of A. Cumings, the Commission voted unanimously to approve as corrected: Page 1, third paragraph in Item 1, add “The Planning Commission assumes there will be a Town meeting.”

Laura Hoeing reviewed the discussion on the dog park at the Board of Selectmen meeting 4/24/17. T. Welles will contact J. Pemberton re: conditions noted in the Planning Commission referral letter.

II. ADMINISTRATIVE
1. Ref. App. #351, Lot 16, 66 Deer Hill Road, Stuart Laidlaw. Request to alter BCRL and Drainage. 40-scale map to be supplied by Redding Planning Commission.

Discussion tabled pending attendance by Mr. Laidlaw.

2. IHZ Status 1. Separation of land outside Super 7 right-of-way per John Hayes for IHZ use. Request to be submitted to Selectmen, State Legislature and DOT. 2. Draft Amendment to 8-30g submitted for review. Report.

John Hayes reported that Adam Dunsby feels the State Legislature is occupied with the economic status of the State and that house bills will likely not be considered at this time. T. Welles will follow-up with other representatives.

3. Cul de Sac Design and Sight Lines, Subdivision Regulations, Section 4.3 and Road Regulations. Meeting of Planning and Zoning designees with Highway Superintendent needed per Meadow Edge problem 3/22/16. Discussion re new dimensions. Action.

Toby Welles will formalize language re: new dimensions for inclusion in the Subdivision Regulations.

4. Town Plan of Conservation & Development 2008. Reports from the Chairmen of Chapters Two, Five, Seven, and Nine re 2008 Plan Recommendations to be (a) pursued currently, (b) continued to the 2018 Plan or (c) discontinued. Finalization necessary to begin 2018 Plan.

A meeting is scheduled for 5/15/17 at 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center to discuss Georgetown litigation.

Commissioners will review the recommendations in their assigned chapters in the 2008 Town Plan to determine if they need action, to be included in the 2018 Plan or discontinued for the 5/9/17 meeting.

A workable draft of the 2018 Plan is due for the meeting of 5/23/17.

5. Legislative Issues. John Hayes suggests Watershed Protection Bill per Adam Dunsby and possible letter to Western CT Regional Agency re watershed protection.

John Hayes and T. Welles will continue to pursue with Representatives Frey and Duff.

6. Referral from Ridgefield: Special Application and Plenary Ruling Application to construct a little league ball field at 2 Sanford Station Road (Simpaug Turnpike), Ridgefield. Public Hearing scheduled for May 16, 2017.

Victor DeMasi and Mr. and Mrs. Bronson were present. T. Welles reviewed the referral accompanied by drawings. Mr. Bronson noted that there are 46 homes in Redding within 1/3 mile of the proposed field and 27 houses in Ridgefield.

Items of concern are traffic, lighting, environmental issues including the use of herbicides and pesticides, proximity to a privately owned pond, child safety, decrease in neighboring property value and the proximity of the Norwalk River and Norwalk River Valley Trail.

The project overview will be distributed to Commissioners and discussed at the next meeting.

7. Scenic Road Monitoring. Reports by Commission monitors.
Re: Lee Lane. T. Welles reviewed the history. A letter will be written to J. Hansen re: planting.

Re: Mark Twain Lane tree removal, T. Welles confirmed that the removed trees were dying ash trees and the removal was approved by the Tree Warden.

Laura Hoeing reported on the littering at the intersection of Peaceable and Umpawaug. She also expressed concern about the road cut on Umpawaug particularly when taking a right from Route 107. T. Welles suggested discussing this with Police Chief Fuchs.

III. PENDING
1. 64 Cross Highway, Susan Lockwood: Alteration to a Scenic Road. Request to change curb cut to improve sightlines approved 4/12/16 per Steve Kochis.
2. Reference App. #348, Lot 2, 8 Putnam Hill Drive. Fred Aley, owner. Map to be submitted showing new BCRL.
3. Reference App. #505, request for Costa Stergue to complete his road to Town requirements. Alexis Bennett, 20 Costa Lane. Tabled on 1/24/17.
4. Changes to IHZ overlap zone on Old Mill Road.
5. Common Driveway Easement and Maintenance Agreement for standard use per App. #496, 7/12/17.
6. Subdivision Regulation Revisions, i.e. 4.5.

IV. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
No items.

On the motion of S. Gagnon and the second of L. Hoeing, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 9:10 p.m.

Submitted by:
Kristi C. Reilly

Accessibility Tools
hide