Redding Safety Committee Meeting
Thursday, December 7, 2017
Town Hall Hearing Room
The meeting was called to order at 4:05 p.m.
Present: Mark O’Donnell (co-chair), Krista Gramer (secretary), Helen Gore, Willie Roman, Rob Blick, Mark Lubus, Alice Smith, Michelle Stillman, Tom Feroleto (4:26 pm)
Minutes of the September 7, 2017 meeting were approved. (O’Donnell/Roman)
• Willie Roman reported that a light source has been installed at the rear of the Annex building parking lot pending any concerns of disturbance from the neighboring residents.
• Willie Roman reported that the magnetic door openers would be installed on six fire-rated doors in the Community Center pending cost approval from the Finance Director. The remaining seven doors will have a hook-and-eye type device installed for keeping the doors open to avoid having an under the door wedge which poses a trip hazard. The installations are expected to be completed prior to the next safety meeting on March 8, 2018.
Board of Education:
There was no information of injuries or issues reported for the schools.
Krista Gramer reported six non-preventable injuries:
– A transfer station employee sustained a foot injury from dropping an object on the foot.
– A volunteer fireman required treatment for high blood pressure.
– A volunteer fireman/EMT sustained a shoulder injury from carrying a patient.
– A highway employee sustained a knee injury when getting out of a truck.
– A park and recreation student broke a finger while playing football.
– A park and recreation student sustained an elbow injury from a fall while playing.
Alice Smith recommended cord covers be used for temporary installations to cover power cords, such as plastic covers or mats.
Helen Gore reported that the Historical Society purchased a handicap ramp for use at the main building or barn that can be installed for events as needed.
Helen also noted that there had been a recent false alarm at the Historical Society due to a faulty panel which has since been repaired.
Helen wished to commend the Police Department for keeping traffic in control during the recent turkey run.
Thursday, March 8, 2018 @ 4:00 PM – Town Hall conference room
The meeting was adjourned at 4:31 p.m. (Blick/Smith)
Submitted by Krista Gramer, Secretary