The meeting was called to order at 4:10 p.m.
Present: Gail Schiron (co-chair), Robert Paradise (co-chair), Jeff Hanson, Mark O’Donnell, Willie Roman.
Minutes of the June 4, 2015 meeting were read and approved as submitted. (O’Donnell/Hanson)
- Jeff Hanson, Director of Public Works, is coordinating forklift training for all Highway and Transfer Station employees.
- Willie Roman noted that security enhancements and upgrades for the Community Center are pending. A lock will be placed on the door and a fire escape/window shutter is being evaluated.
- Status update on sensor light switch in Annex building lobby. Willie Roman will install sensor switch.
- Status of Highway new hire training in OSHA and chain saw safety. Jeff Hanson indicated training is pending.
- Status of Heritage Center air conditioning repair. Willie Roman noted air conditioning has been repaired.
- Vicki Cram to give status regarding fire extinguishers located in all science classrooms – Pending.
Reports of injury and other safety issues were reviewed.
Gail Schiron reported five injuries since June, all of which were non-preventable:one shoulder injury sustained by Highway employee from throwing debris into truck; one shoulder injury sustained by Highway employee from a slip getting out of a truck; one head injury sustained by a Transfer station employee from overhead door part; one neck injury sustained by a Parks and Rec counselor on camp trip; and one arm/shoulder/hip/knee injury to a senior resident from a fall after foot was caught on chair leg.
Board of Education:
Board of Education representatives were absent; no report.
Thursday, December 3, 2015 @ 4:00 PM – Redding Community Center
The meeting was adjourned at 4:25 p.m. (Paradise/Hanson)
Submitted by Krista Gramer, Secretary