The meeting was called to order at 4:03 p.m.
Present: Robert Paradise (co-chair), Jeff Hanson, Willie Roman, Krista Gramer (secretary), Tom Feroleto, Ken Larkin, Mark Lubus, Rob Blick (4:05), Vicki Cram (4:13)
Minutes of the September 3, 2015 meeting were read and approved as submitted. (Larkin/Hanson)
- Jeff Hanson, Director of Public Works, is coordinating forklift training for all Highway and Transfer Station employees. Mr. Hanson noted the training will be done in-house. At this time, all of the Transfer Station employees are still certified.
- Willie Roman noted that security enhancements and upgrades for the Community Center are still pending discussion with Julia Pemberton regarding cost and engineering. A lock will be placed on the door and a fire escape/window shutter is being evaluated.
- Willie Roman reported that the sensor light switch in Annex building lobby has been installed.
- Status of Highway new hire training in OSHA and chain saw safety. Jeff Hanson indicated training has completed and ongoing training is scheduled.
- Vicki Cram to give status regarding fire extinguishers located in all science classrooms. Vicki reported that the fire extinguishers had been removed by the fire marshal years ago. She will follow up with the W. Redding Fire Chief, Glenn Johnson. Vicki noted that there are no chemistry projects being done in the classrooms so it is unclear as to the need for extinguishers.
Mark O’Donnell was nominated as co-chairman in replacement of Gail Schiron, who will be retiring in January. (Hanson/Paradise)
Reports of injury and other safety issues were reviewed.
Krista Gramer reported two injuries since September:
-Police Officer sustained an elbow shoulder injury during an assist on an EMT call – non-preventable.
-A facilities worker sustained a lower back injury while using the pallet jack at the Transfer Station – Per Jeff Hanson the pallet jack required repair or replacement due to oil leakage. Prior to operation the jack needs oil added; however, this facilities worker was not made aware of such.
Board of Education:
Vicki Cram reported five injuries since September, all of which were non-preventable:
-Employee sustained an ankle injury when a water bottle fell off of a desk.
-Employee sustained a back injury while working with a special needs student.
-Employee sustained a bite injury while working with a special needs student.
-Employee sustained an ankle sprain while jogging from one facility to another.
-Employee sustained lower back injury from bracing themselves so as not to fall on a student.
Ken Larkin reported that the parking lots at JRMS and RES have been paved and installed upgraded lighting giving improved safety conditions to both lots.
Willie Roman noted there are two light poles not working at RES by the tennis courts.
Jeff Hanson requested markings put in to protect the new curbing at the schools during the winter plowing season.
Vicki Cram noted that the lighting at the RES parking lot is insufficient by the gym and parent drop-off areas. She will contact Ken Larkin regarding resolution.
Thursday March 3, 2016 @ 4:00 PM – Redding Town Hall
The meeting was adjourned at 4:13 p.m. (Hanson/Paradise)
Submitted by Krista Gramer, Secretary