The meeting was called to order at 4:11 p.m.
Present: Mark O’Donnell (co-chair), Jeff Hanson, Willie Roman, Krista Gramer (secretary), Tom Feroleto, Mark Lubus
Minutes of the December 3, 2015 meeting were read and approved as submitted. (O’Donnell/Feroleto)
- Willie Roman indicated the security enhancements and upgrades for the Community Center are currently pending input from the First Selectman regarding engineering of the project.
- The status of the necessity of fire extinguishers in the science classrooms pending follow up from Vicki Cram.
- Willie Roman reported that the two light poles not working at RES by the tennis courts have been repaired and are operable.
- Update on the insufficient parking lot lighting at RES by the gym and parent drop-off areas is pending discussion with Vicki Cram and Ken Larkin.
- Jeff Hanson reported that snow plow markers were installed to protect the new curbing at the schools and were a great help during the winter season.
Reports of injury and other safety issues were reviewed.
Krista Gramer reported two injuries since December:
-An EMT worker sustained injury to a finger on an emergency call while trying to access a residence – non-preventable.
-A facilities worker sustained a wrist/arm injury from a slip and fall accident on ice while lifting a bucket of sand from the truck – non-preventable although facilities workers are taking care to keep supplies to the front of the truck which is more easily accessed.
Board of Education:
Injuries for schools were not reported at this time.
Tom Feroleto noted there was a non-reported slip and fall by a teacher due to black ice in the RES parking lot. Jeff Hanson indicated that since the school paving project was completed there have been drainage issues causing ice to be more prevalent. The Highway Department has been diligent in their constant salting of the drives of both schools throughout the winter. Jeff Hanson recommended the schools purchase a sand/salt spreader, either hand operated or perhaps a model that can be hitched to a truck, so that schools can maintain the drives in winter/icy inclement weather.
Thursday June 2, 2016 @ 4:00 PM – Redding Town Hall
The meeting was adjourned at 4:26 p.m. (Lubus/Hanson)
Submitted by Krista Gramer, Secretary