Present: A. Atamian, T. Eubanks, T. Flagg, J. Miller, D. Pattee, R. Regan, D. Robinson
Also present: Roger. Gervais, Mark Batorski and Jon Oatley (Veolia Water) and T. Lepoutre
Chairman Regan called the regular meeting of the WPCC to order at 7:35 pm in the Hearing Room the Redding Town Hall
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion: move that the minutes of the May 15, 2013 meeting be accepted as corrected. Regan, Flagg. Approved. Unanimous.
Corrections: page 1, under Veolia report, last item, line 3, “obstructed which restricted flows”; page 2, under CBYD, line 3, change been to being; page 3, under FEMA Reimbursement, line 4, “of $2,500.00.
REPORT FROM VEOLIA WATER
Operations: Mr. Gervais highlighted his written report.
- Wastings: 27,932 gallons of sludge, of which 13,000 gallons were thickened sludge, shipped to Naugatuck facility for final disposal.
- Average daily flow 68,000 gpd
- Maintenance included clearing of blockage in basement of membrane building, weekly maintenance cleans of membranes and sealing of a lead in Hypochlorite feed line.
- Membrane maintenance has increased in frequency; the membranes are currently functioning at about 70% of the rated capacity right after cleaning.
- Graffiti: Mr. Batorski cleaned up graffiti on the concrete walls and removed brush around the plant.
Zenon Conference: A one-day seminar for Zenon plant operators is scheduled in June in New Jersey. Ms. Atamian will attend the session along with representatives of Veolia.
Hoist & Bracket to hold membranes update: Mr. Oatley reported that this item is still under review, but he anticipates a recommendation for the next meeting.
PACL Savings Report: Mr. Oatley presented a report on the use of PACL compared with the use of Aluminum Sulfate, including quantities & costs, and estimating usage to the end of the calendar year. The report shows an estimated annual savings of $4,866.24.
CBYD PROCESS UPDATE
Mr. Miller reported the Letter of Agreement between the WPCC and Meadow Ridge management has ben finalized and delivered to them for signatures.
FINANCIAL STATUS AND APPROVAL OF INVOICES
The balance in the Usage account as of May 15, 2013, $71,117.88
The balance in the Assessment account as of April 13, 2013 is $23,638.35.
Open invoices were reviewed.
- AT&T, 5/18 /013, $385.00 (an estimate)
- CL&P, 5/813, #51524634029, $2,534.23
- Ace Deluca Hardware, dated 4/30/13, $249.55
- Transcanada, 5/10/13, #519950, $4,632.28
- Pullman & Comley, 5/3/13, #269296, $500.00
- Safeguard (checks), #28776059, 4/25/13, $155.35
- Veolia monthly services for April 2013, for $26,107.35
- Veolia Reimburseables for March, $15,155.15(pending review)
Motion: move to approve payment of invoices as listed above. Regan, Eubanks. Approved. Unanimous.
Invoices not approved:
Veolia monthly invoice for May, $26,107.35
CT Dept. of Energy (permit), due 8/1/13, $1,722.50
The amount of Board of Finance approved loans to WPCC, as of May 15, 2013 is $360,713.75.
The amount due from GLDC, as of May 1, 2013, $1,090,647.18.
The current balance in the Assessment Account is $
Mr. Regan and Mr. Eubanks will present a request for an additional loan of $50,000 to the Board of Finance at their May 20, 2013 meeting.
Motion: move to adjourn the meeting. Pattee, Atamian. Approved. Unanimous.
The meeting adjourned at 8:40 pm
Mary Maday, Recording Secretary