Present: A. Atamian, J. Bacon, T. Eubanks, J. Miller, D. Pattee, R. Regan
Also present. Batorski (Veolia), T. Lepoutre, & one member of the public
Mr. Regan called the regular meeting of the WPCC to order at 7:38 pm in the Conference Room of the Town Office Building.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion: move that the minutes of the November 18, 2014 meeting be accepted as corrected. Pattee, Bacon. Approved, 5-0-1. Mr. Miller abstained.
Correction: page 1, last item under Veolia report, date should be 2014, not 2015.
Motion: move that the minutes of the January 7, 2015 special meeting be accepted as submitted. Regan, Atamian. Approved. 5-0-1. Mr. Bacon abstained.
REPORT FROM VEOLIA WATER
A written report was submitted. Mr. Batorski highlighted the report and provided additional information.
- A State safety inspection, by Craig Motasky, DEEP, unannounced, was done in December. All was good and Mr. Motasky complimented the staff on the condition of the plant..
- Lifting harness issue: while performing the scheduled membrane cleaning, it was discovered that the lifting harnesses were broken. Layne was contacted since the item is under warranty. The replacement will be coated with polyethylene or a urethane.
- Nitrogen level for the plant operation was discussed.
The CBYD (Call Before You Dig) charges were discussed. Some of the recent calls were for roadway work as opposed to actual digging. Mr. Regan asked Mr. Miller to discuss the topic further with Jon (Veolia) to potentially reduce the charges. Mr. Miller noted that the contract with CBYD is due for renewal by April 15, 2015.
Meter readings: the number of buildings/residents on Aquarion Water has increased. About 20 remain in the WPCC meters. A resident of Woods Way, John Fisher, was present and reported that Aquarion has told him the bills will now be sent out on a monthly basis rather than a quarterly basis.
FINANCIAL STATUS AND APPROVAL OF INVOICES
The available balance in the Usage account as of January 21, 2015 is $10,183.39. Mrs. Lepoutre reported the January 2015 billing was $115,344.56.
Open invoices were reviewed.
- Frontier, $249.16
- CL&P, $2,485.56
- Transcanada, $4,693.33
- Deluca Hardware, $61.82
- Mary Maday(secretary), $270.00
- Veolia meter reading Jan. $450.81
- Veolia CBYD, August, 73 Redding Road, $600.00
- Veolia reimbursables for November, $12,133.30, subject to review by Mr. Regan
- Veolia monthly services for December 2014, plus retro for Oct & Nov for $27,450.83
Motion: move to approve payment of invoices listed above, subject to review of Reimbursables by Mr. Regan and receipt of funding. Regan, Eubanks. Approved. Unanimous.
Invoices not approved: Veolia monthly invoice for January, 2014, $26,746.29 and Veolia Reimbursables for December $5,275.87
- The current balance in the Sewer Assessment Account is $26,641.30
- Board of Finance advance to WPCC as of June 15, 2014 was $1,225,713.75. A second advance for fiscal 2014-15 of $60,000 was taken in December 2014. The total advance amount allocated for the current fiscal year, 2014-15 is $237,350.
- The total now due from GSTD is $1,551,229.18
Mrs. Lepoutre was asked to pursue a direct billing from Aquarion for the water supplied to the plant. Currently the bill goes through Veolia.
Mr. Miller noted that the Commission still has a vacant position. This position must be a representative of the Georgetown Fire District. Mr. Bacon noted that he has spoken with another Meadow Ridge resident regarding participation and has forwarded the name to the Selectmen’s office for an interview.
Motion: move to adjourn the meeting. Pattee, Atamian. Approved. Unanimous.
The meeting adjourned at 8:55 pm
Submitted by Mary Maday, Recording Secretary