Present: A. Atamian, T. Eubanks, J. Miller, D. Pattee, R. Regan
Also present. Ciccone, Burke, & Oatley (Veolia), K. Stauffer
Mr. Regan called the meeting of the WPCC to order at 7:34 pm in the Hearing Room of the Town Office Building.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion: move that the minutes of the April 15, 2015 meeting be accepted as corrected. Pattee, Atamian . Approved. Unanimous.
Corrections: page 1, under Call Before You Dig, line 2, change he to the; middle of page 2, the fourth payment is $57,350
REPORT FROM VEOLIA WATER
A written report was submitted.
Mr. Oatley introduced Eugene (Geno) Burke who will be working with Mr. Ciccone at the plant. Mr. Batorski has left Veolia for another position.
- Average daily flow ranges from 61,000 gpd.
- Mr. Ciccone noted that there was one emergency event in April. Membranes shutdown due to a vacuum ejector failure. The standby ejector was put in service, and the faulty ejector was replaced with one from the critical spare stock. He was able to have the membranes back in service within an hour. He credited the modification to the priming lines done over the winter with facilitating the quick repair, along with having a replacement in stock.
- Call Before You Dig: Mr. Miller reported that agreement was reached with Veolia on modifications to the contract, specifically in reference to the charge for subcontractors if needed. Mr. Oatley will provide a “clean” copy of the contract for signature. Since the contract is basically the same as the previous, it was decided that further legal review was not needed.
Motion: move that the Water Pollution Control Commission authorize the chairman, Rich Regan, to sign the contract with Veolia for Call Before You Dig services upon receipt of the final revised copy. Miller, Pattee. Approved. Unanimous.
DISCUSSION ON CHANGE IN OPERATION OF GEORGETOWN SALOON
No one was present representing the new management of the Georgetown Saloon. Further discussion on the topic was tabled.
FINANCIAL STATUS AND APPROVAL OF INVOICES
The available balance in the Usage account as of May 20, 2015 is $126,313.96. The quarterly billing went out in late March, all but about $5,000 has been received.
Open invoices were reviewed.
- Frontier, $233.69
- Aquarion, $203.69
- Aquarion, meter reading, $21.50
- Eversource (CL&P), $2,079.09
- Transcanada, #3,313.98
- Veolia reimbursables for March, $18,907.04 subject to review by Mr. Regan
- Veolia monthly services for April 2015, 26,746.29
Motion: move to approve payment of invoices listed above, subject to review of Reimbursables by Mr. Regan. Pattee, Eubanks Approved. Unanimous.
Invoices not approved: Veolia monthly invoice for May, 2015, $26,746.29
- The current balance in the Sewer Assessment Account is $26,641.30
- Board of Finance advance to WPCC as of June 15, 2014 was $1,225,713.75. The final budget allocation from the Town was received on May 13, 2015, bringing the total for fiscal year 2014-15 to $237,350.
- The total now due from GSTD is $1,653,433.18
A letter from Eversource suggesting a lower transmission rate, Rate 30 at 8.387 was reviewed. Commission members agreed that if there was the potential for savings, the change should be made.
Motion: move that the Water Pollution Control Commission approve the change to the Eversource Transmission Rate 30, in lieu of the Rate 35, as suggested in the letter of March 3, 2015.Regan, Atamian. Approved. Unanimous.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Motion: move to nominate Rich Regan as Chairman and Todd Eubanks as Vice Chairman of the Water Pollution Control Commission for a term of 3/31/15 to 3/31/17. Pattee. Miller. Approved. Unanimous.
First Selectman Pemberton will be arranging a meeting of representatives of the Planning, Zoning, Board of Selectmen and the Water Pollution Control Commission to discuss the future of development plans for the Georgetown Business District.
Motion: move to adjourn the meeting. Pattee, Miller. Approved. Unanimous.
The meeting adjourned at 8:43 pm
Submitted by Mary Maday