Present: T. Eubanks, J. Fisher, J. Miller, D. Pattee, R. Regan, A. Atamian
Also present. Burke & Bernardini (Veolia)
Mr. Regan called the meeting to order at 7:33 pm in the Hearing Room of the Town Office Building.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion: move that the minutes of the March 16, 2015 meeting be accepted as amended. Regan, Pattee. Approved. 5-0-1. Ms. Atamian abstained.
Amendment: page 1, under Veolia Report, typos
REPORT FROM VEOLIA WATER
The monthly written report was reviewed
Discussion on the following:
- Drum Screener: Mr. Burke has been informed that the parts for the drum screener are scheduled for an early May delivery. Mr. Burke will inform commission members when the installation has a scheduled date.
- Weekly power washing of drum screener: the weekly cleanings will continue. It was noted that the screener has been capturing a large quantity of rags and glove fragments. Mr. Burke commented that the blue latex gloves are in chopped or put through a grinder. Mr. Pattee noted that the glove fragments appear to be coming from the Meadow Ridge complex, the only facility with a grinder. Mr. Miller will follow up with a visit or phone call to the management to discuss the disposal of latex gloves and wipes. Both the gloves and wipes should not be disposed of through the sewer system.
- Sludge removal: 13,188 gallons of sludge was hauled off-site for disposal. Mr. Burk and Mr. Bernardini have worked out a plan for sludge disposal that will be more economical and they explained the change. Commission members were in agreement with the change in the disposal process, especially the potential savings.
- Pump Station: there has been a buildup of grease and rags in the pump station. The plan is to do quarterly cleanings.
- Fire extinguisher and alarm service: Mr. Burke proposed changing vendors for the servicing & inspections of the fire extinguishers and the alarm system. He stated that there will be a small savings and better service. Commission members agreed to the change as described.
- Electrical issues: Mr. Burke noted that there are some electrical issues that have been identified. He and Mr. Bernardini worked out a solution that will be less costly than the initial quote for repairs.
- Flows: Mr. Burke noted that the flow is down, about 55,000 gpd, lack of rain may be one of the reasons.
Mr. Miller stated that the videographers who record the Town’s meetings would like to do a video of the plant and the replacement of the screener. The video would be on the town’s website for viewing. He asked Mr. Burke for advance notice of when the screener will be installed and will notify the videographers, Bob Moran and Chris Helland, so they can preview the plant and be ready to film.
FINANCIAL STATUS AND APPROVAL OF INVOICES
The available balance in the Usage account as of April 20, 2016 is $75,086.92.
Invoices were reviewed.
- Aquarion monthly, $217.30
- Aquarion meter reading, 3/29, $50.31
- Aquarion meter reading, 3/29, 16.77
- Eversource (CL&P), 2,367.25
- Frontier, $196.33
- Transcanada, $3,698.48
- Deluca Hardware, $7.68
- Deluca Hardware, $11.97
- Mulvaney Plumbing, replacement meter 4/8, $792.55
- Mulvaney Plumbing, meter service check 4/4, $185.00
- Mary Maday, Recording Secretary, $320.00
- Veolia Meter Readings, $454.04
- Veolia monthly services for March 2016, $26,850.50
- Veolia reimbursables for February $4,877.46, subject to review by Mr. Regan
- Veolia reimbursables for March, $5,913.10, subject to review by Mr. Regan
Motion: move to approve payment of invoices listed above, subject to review of Reimbursables by Mr. Regan. Regan, Eubanks. . Approved. Unanimous.
- Invoices not approved: Veolia monthly invoice for April, 2016, $26,850.50.
- There were transfers of $60,000 from the Town one in September, the second in March. The total allocation in the 2015-16 budget is $249,850.
- The total now due from GSTD is $1,935,260.36
Four invoices for CBYD services were received on March 22, 2016 for calls in October & December 2014 and January & March 2015, totaling $2,475.00. Mr. Regan will get further information on these invoices for the next meeting.
Motion: move to adjourn the meeting. Miller, Pattee. Approved. Unanimous.
The meeting adjourned at 8:38 pm
Submitted by Mary Maday