WATER POLLUTION CONTROL COMMISSION
Virtual Zoom Meeting
July 21, 2021
Present: Amy Atamian, Todd Eubanks, Dave Pattee, Kirby Klump, and Charles Cilo.
Also, Present: Calos Pavia and Jeremy Nixon of Veolia. Katherine Stauffer and Dawn Peck.
Amy Atamian called the meeting to order at 7:33 PM
ITEM 1: APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE June 16, 2021 MEETING
Revise motion for adjournment to the following: V. McPherson, motion. C. Cilo, second.
Motion: Approve the minutes of the June 16, 2021 meeting as amended. T. Eubanks, motion. D. Pattee, second. Approved unanimous.
ITEM 2: REPORT FROM VEOLIA WATER PLANT MANAGERS
Health and Safety
Veolia Water monthly safety training topics conducted in June 2021 included:
• Heat Stress
• Hand & Power Tool Safety
This project has completed 21 years with no safety incidents.
Noteworthy Operational Information/Maintenance and PM
• Wasted 48,234 gallons of sludge to the GBT
• 13,000 gallons of sludge was removed from the waste tank for off-site disposal
• Quarterly ATMR and sludge analysis was completed
• Organic CEB completed
• Semi-Annual Forklift Service
• UV Bulbs and sleeves repaired
• Chemical Deliveries – GBT Polymer and Pac (1,000 gallons of each)
• Aquarion annual inspection of backflow preventers
Regulatory and Compliance
There were no permit violations for Redding in the month of June 2021
• Brief communications interruption for pump station remote monitoring. No impact to flows and processes.
• 6/4/21 – 9 Brookside Rd – No markout required
• 6/17/21 – 53 Redding Rd – no markout required
• 6/24/21 – 100 Redding Rd – no markout required
Points for Discussion
• CBYD Meadow Ridge
J. Nixon stated he feels there should be coordination between Sal at Meadow Ridge and the Veolia staff when it comes to CBYD requests at Meadow Ridge. It should be signed off by Veolia and by Meadow Ridge staff as there could be something other than water pipes underground.
K. Stauffer will put Sal at Meadow Ridge in touch with the Veolia staff in order to coordinate the next time there is a CBYD request.
Commission Member Site Tour
NIC Access to SCADA
Quote from NIC provided to install software package to gain remote access to SCADA system to make any necessary changes offsite.
MOTION: Allow NIC to install software to allow for remote access offsite, $4,490.00. C. Cilo, motion. T. Eubanks, second. Approved unanimous.
• Recycle Wet Well & Plant Water Pump Diagnosis
Veolia crew from Danbury plant site visit to diagnose problem with pump.
Pump is clogged with sludge and got stuck during removal. Danbury coming back to plant with OSHA approved equipment in order to get pump out safely.
Once problems are addressed, they would like to get to the point where they could have more than one pump operable.
Generator battery replacement and service agreement.
3 quotes were presented for battery replacement and maintenance of the generator.
MOTION: Switch to Cannondale Generators Inc for generator service. C. Cilo, motion. T. Eubanks, second. Approved unanimous.
• Kaeser blower block installation
The blower has been restored and reinstalled and is functioning properly.
J. Nixon to find out whether the warranty began when it was first installed or when it was restored and reinstalled.
Grinder Cartridge replacement
Grinder has not arrived yet; it is expected to ship the week of August 2.
ITEM 3: DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON INVOICES AND FINANCIAL STATUS
MOTION: Approve all invoices except for Veolia Monthly July. T. Eubanks, motion. K. Klump, second. Approved unanimous.
• Abel Womak – Forklift Maintenance $145.00
• AirGas USA – Propane Tank Rental $15.95
• Aquarion Backflow Preventer Testing $275.00
• Aquarion Monthly $295.54
• Aquarion Meter Readings $76.11
• Frontier Communications $332.55
• Eversource $4,807.24
• Town of Redding Liens $40
• Veolia Monthly – June 2020 O&M $29,171.53
• Hocon Gas – Propane Delivery $1,257.41
• Oak Ridge Hauling $160.37
INVOICES NOT APPROVED:
• Veolia Monthly – July 2021: $29,171.53
• A. Atamian asked K. Stauffer to follow up with the building maintenance department regarding the building cracks.
• Questions as to whether the driveway to the plant is now owned by the Town, or whether it is an easement through the Georgetown Redevelopment Co property.
• Next month, K. Stauffer will be presenting the usage review for all properties in Georgetown.
• 2 meters in Georgetown need to be changed. One quote has been received so far, update next month.
ITEM 4: COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
ITEM 5: PUBLIC COMMENT
ITEM 6: ADJOURNMENT
Motion to adjourn: D. Pattee, motion. C. Cilo, second.
Meeting adjourned at 9:26 PM.
• Test plant water pump while waiting for Danbury to perform their diagnosis.
• Confirm cost structure for Cannondale Generator
• Get quotes for meter replacements
• Get BOF balance from Finance Director
• Follow up with Building Maintenance regarding building cracks
• Follow up with Redding Highway to seal cracks in pavement.
• Find maps for driveway of plant.
Submitted by Katherine Stauffer