WATER POLLUTION CONTROL COMMISSION
Virtual Zoom Meeting
September 15, 2021
Present: Amy Atamian, Dave Pattee, Charles Cilo, Todd Eubanks, Vanessa McPherson, Kirby Klump.
Also, Present: Calos Pavia and Jeremy Nixon of Veolia. Katherine Stauffer, WPCC Administrator
Amy Atamian called the meeting to order at 7:31 PM
ITEM 1: APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AUGUST 18, 2021, MEETING.
MOTION: Approve minutes from the August 18, 2021, meeting. K. Klump, motion. D. Pattee, second. Approved unanimously.
ITEM 2: REPORT FROM VEOLIA WATER PLANT MANAGERS
Health and Safety
Veolia Water monthly safety training topics conducted in 2021 included:
• Personal protective equipment.
This project has completed 21 years with no safety incidents.
Noteworthy Operational Information/Maintenance and PM
• Wasted 20,289 gallons of sludge to the GBT
• Hach UV Equipment semiannual service completed
• 6,500 gallons of waste sludge was hauled off-site for disposal
• NIC systems software installed
• Organic and inorganic cleaning completed
Regulatory and Compliance
There were no permit violations for Redding in the month of August 2021
• Fire panel: “trouble detected” low battery – batteries replaced
• 8/25/2021 – 19 Main St – No mark out required
Points for Discussion
• Blower VFD replacement
o 3 quotes obtained
o 4 blowers for membranes and aeration tank.
MOTION: Approve procurement of VFD replacement not to exceed $6,000. T. Eubanks, motion. V. McPherson, second. Approved unanimously.
• Grinder Cartridge #2 replacement
MOTION: Approve procurement of grinder teeth for NTE for $10,500. D. Pattee, motion. K. Klump, second. Approved unanimously.
• Decian – Firewall Replacement
o Decian’s security was discussed.
• Drum Screener #1 repair
• Capital Management planning
o J. Nixon provided a capital management plan for all materials at the WWTP. Allow commission more time to review and discuss at next month’s meeting.
ITEM 3: DISCUSSION AND ACTION OF INVOICES AND FINANCIAL STATUS
MOTION: Approve all invoices totaling $35,924.62. T. Eubanks, motion. V. McPherson, second. Approved unanimously.
• Airgas: $15.50
• Aquarion Monthly: $160.10
• Eversource: $5,691.99
• Mulvaney Mechanical: $309.00
• Oak Ridge Hauling: $160.37
• Veolia Monthly – August 2021: $29,171.53
• USPS PO Box Fee: $70.00
• K. Stauffer to check with first selectman on the timing for the grant from the State of CT for GLDC.
• Cracks in pavement at plant were sealed.
• K. Stauffer to follow up with facilities director about building cracks.
• Discussion on planning a tax sale on delinquent properties. K. Stauffer will coordinate with Tax Collector, Selectman, and Town Attorney.
ITEM 4: COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
ITEM 5: PUBLIC COMMENT
ITEM 6: ADJOURNMENT
Motion to adjourn: D. Pattee, motion. C. Cilo, second.
Meeting adjourned at 8:53PM
• Quote for sewer line cleaning and TV inspection.
• Tax sale for delinquent accounts.
• Landscaping at plant
• Building cracks
Submitted by Katherine Stauffer