WATER POLLUTION CONTROL COMMISSION
Virtual Zoom Meeting
October 20, 2021
Present: Amy Atamian, Dave Pattee, Charles Cilo, Todd Eubanks, Vanessa McPherson, Kirby Klump.
Also, Present: Calos Pavia and Jeremy Nixon of Veolia. Christine Quigley, WPCC Administrator. Emmy Bumagat, Marilyn Sloper, and Adam Goldberg, members of the public.
Amy Atamian called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM
ITEM 1: APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE SEPTEMBER 15, 2021, MEETING.
MOTION: Approve minutes from the September 15, 2021, meeting. C. Cilo, motion. K. Klump, second. Approved unanimously.
ITEM 2: ADAM GOLDBERG OF 8 MAIN ST, POPUPBAGELS, ESTIMATED USAGE.
The current allocated usage at 8 Main St is 2,000 gallons per day. Mr. Goldberg will be making bagels in house and selling them.
MOTION: APPROVE POPUPBAGELS AT 8 MAIN ST. REVIEW USAGE IN 1 YEAR. D. PATTEE, MOTION. C. CILO, SECOND. APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY
ITEM 3: REPORT FROM VEOLIA WATER PLANT MANAGERS
Health and Safety
Veolia Water monthly safety training topics conducted in September 2021 included:
- High-Risk management standards – traffic management
This project has completed 21 years with no safety incidents.
Veolia has reinstituted a directive that all employees wear a mask when indoors where social distancing cannot be maintained, regardless of vaccination status.
Noteworthy Operational Information/Maintenance and PM
Regulatory and Compliance
- Wasted 19,786 gallons of sludge to the GBT
- Quarterly Aquatic Toxicity & Sludge analysis completed
- 6,500 gal of waste sludge hauled for off site disposal
- Seasonal HVAC service completed
- Driveway cracks sealed
- Kaeser compressors PM completed
- Organic and Inorganic CEB completed
- Well under phosphorus limits for the season. The dosage of PAC will be lowered in the coming days.
There were no permit violations for Redding in the month of September 2021
- Corner of Redding Rd & Georgetown Rd – No markout required.
Points for Discussion
- Blower VFD replacement
- VFD’s are now all the same make and model and are all functioning properly.
- Grinder cartridge #2 to ship soon
- News from manufacturer that cartridges are shipping in next day or 2.
- Drum Screener # 1 repair
- 3 quotes for drum screener were provided.
- The order will need to be placed as soon as possible due to supply chain issues.
- Discussion on electrical work that will need to be completed for the project.
- Discussion on which company has included more in their quote.
MOTION: SELECT NORTHEAST WATER TO REPLACE DRUM SCREENER FOR $17,250.00. D. PATTEE, MOTION. V. MCPHERSON, SECOND. APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY.
- Sewer cleaning & inspection
- Quote provided by Green Mountain Pipeline Services.
- They will need to tap into the fire hydrants or water lines. Contact Aquarion and the Georgetown Volunteer Fire Company to discuss logistics.
- Discussion on who will review the tapes.
- More information needed in order to make a decision.
- Decian – Firewall replacement
- Aeration Tank instrumentation
- Quote from Hach provided.
- Veolia to coordinate with Hach and NIC in order to figure out computer details.
- Membrane Replacement
- Quote from Layne was provided
- Membranes are almost at the end of their useful life.
- Discuss with First Selectman to see if state grant money can be used for replacement.
- Discussion on raised pavement in Milestone parking lot.
- Sewer line belongs to Meadow Ridge.
- Not part of the state road, but in the right of way.
- WPCC must send a letter to Meadow Ridge formally informing them of their responsibility the repair the raised sewer line.
ITEM 3: DISCUSSION AND ACTION OF INVOICES AND FINANCIAL STATUS
MOTION: Approve all invoices totaling $34,970.47. T. Eubanks, motion. C. Cilo, second. Approved unanimously.
- Airgas: $15.50
- Aquarion Monthly: $255.40
- Aquarion Meter Readings: $73.53
- Eversource: $4,980.62
- Frontier: $329.02
- Oak Ridge Hauling: $160.37
- Veolia Monthly – September 2021: $29,171.53
- No reimbursables have been received since June 2021. Christine to reach out to Veolia.
- CPI increase should be 3.8% for Veolia monthly bill
ITEM 4: COMMISSION MEMBER COMMENTS
- McPherson mentioned the capital planning. A. Atamian will send the project spreadsheet to the commission. Add to next month’s agenda.
ITEM 5: PUBLIC COMMENT
ITEM 6: ADJOURNMENT
Motion to adjourn: D. Pattee, motion. C. Cilo, second.
Meeting adjourned at 9:04PM
- More information on sewer line TV inspection
- Coordinate drum screener replacement with Northeast Water
- Work with NIC and Hach for aeration tank replacement.
- Tax sale for delinquent accounts.
- Landscaping at plant
- Reach out to Veolia for reimbursables
- Letter to Meadow Ridge regarding raised sewer line
- Discuss grant money with selectmen
- Amy to send capital plan to commission members
Submitted by Katherine Stauffer