Present: Gerry Casiello, Chair; Joseph Ventricelli, Ben Gordon, Mike Hoffman, Ted Ogonek, and alternates, Amy Atamian, Matthew Lecher, and Gary Miyashiro
Also present: Aimee Pardee, ZEO; Toby Welles, Acting Chairman, Redding Planning Commission; John Hayes, Redding Town Planning Consultant.
All regular members were seated.
Mr. Casiello called the regular meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
- Approval of Minutes: Motion: move to accept the minutes of the Public Hearing of October 9, 2013 as submitted. Gordon, Ventricelli. Approved unanimously.
- Approval of Minutes: Motion: move to accept the minutes of the Regular Meeting of October 9, 2013 as submitted. Ventricelli, Hoffman. Approved unanimously
- DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON APPOINTMENT OF ZONING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER in accordance with Section 6.5 of the Redding Zoning Regulations: Chairman Casiello recommended the appointment of Aimee Pardee as the Zoning Enforcement Officer to replace Bob Flanagan.
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission appoint Aimee Pardee as the Zoning Enforcement Officer. Ventricelli, Ogonek. Approved unanimously.
- Application #13-22Z – Owner/Agent: New Pond Farm – 101 Marchant Road – Map 12 & Lot 79 In accordance with Section 5.1.6 and 5.11.2 of the Redding Zoning Regulations- Discuss and review the renewal of a Limited Duration Special Permit for New Pond Farm, 101 Marchant Road (Assessors Map 12 & Lot 70) to hold “A Run for the Cows”, a 5K, 10K and half marathon to be held on May 4, 2014 starting at 7:00 am and ending approximately 12:00 pm. Previously held on May 5, 2013.
Mr. Casiello reported there were no problems with the event held last year. The Police Chief’s approval for the route and traffic control is needed for the event.
Motion: move that the Zoning Commission approve Application #13-22Z for the New Pond Farm “Run for the Cows” as presented. Hoffman, Ventricelli. Approved unanimously.
- Application #13-23 – In accordance with Section 5.2 of the Redding Zoning Regulations: application for Site Plan revision for The Town of Redding, Community Center, 33 Lonetown Road (Assessor’s Map 21 & Lot 13) to construct a 803 square foot addition to the existing community center building, and to construct a 720 square foot free-standing storage building.
Mr. Casiello noted that since the proposed free standing building is on a site with a Special Permit, a Public Hearing is required.
Motion: move that the Zoning Commission receive the application and set January 8, 2014 for a Public Hearing on Application #13-23. Gordon, Hoffman. Approved unanimously.
- DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON APPOINTMENT OF A REPRESENTATIVE TO THE HISTORIC REVIEW COMMITTEE
In accordance with the Demolition Delay Ordinance, appointment of a representative from the Redding Zoning Commission to the Historic Review Committee.
Mr. Ogonek expressed an interest in participating on the Committee. The consensus of the Zoning Commission is that Mr. Ogonek should represent the Zoning Commission on the Historic Review Committee.
- DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON REFERRAL OF INCENTIVE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION.
Referral to the Redding Zoning Commission of Incentive Housing Development Application for Preliminary Determination of Eligibility to the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) in accordance with CGS 8-13 (m –x); request for approval of Certified Resolution of the Local Zoning Authority.
Mr. Casiello noted that Town Planner John Hayes had completed the final draft of the Incentive Housing Application for submission to the DECD. Both the Planning Commission and Board of Selectmen have approved the document for submission. Discussion of the Application with Mr. Hayes and Toby Welles followed.
Motion: move that the Zoning Commission of the Town of Redding met on December 11, 2013 and adopted a resolution by vote to
1) Endorses submission of the zone adoption application under the Housing for Economic Growth Program reference in Section 8-13(m-x) of CGS; and
2) Certifies that it will consider the creation of one or more incentive housing zones as identified in the application. Such application is attached to and made a part of this record.
3) Certifies that it will consider and act on the Incentive Housing Development when proposed within the approved Incentive Housing Zone/s in compliance with Section 8-13 (m-x) of CGS.
Motion by Mr. Casiello, seconded by Mr. Ventricelli. The motion was unanimously approved.
- DISCUSSION: There was no further discussion under this agenda item.
- FUTURE AGENDA: January 8, 2014 for a Public Hearing on Application #13-23
- COMMUNICATION: There was no communication received or discussed.
Motion: move to adjourn the meeting. Ventricelli, Ogonek. Approved unanimously.
The meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm
Mary Maday, Recording Secretary