Present: Gerry Casiello, Chairman; Mike Hoffman, Vice Chairman; Commissioner Ben Gordon; Commissioner Ted Ogonek and Alternate Matt Lecher.
Also Present: Aimee Pardee, Zoning Officer; Charlie Couch, Town Historian; Joe Bonomo, President, Redding Historical Society.
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.; he seated Mr. Lecher for Commissioner Amy Atamian.
1. Approval of Public Hearing Meeting Minutes 5-13-15
On the motion of Mr. Hoffman and the second of Mr. Ogonek, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the minutes of the public hearing of May 13, 2015.
2. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes 5-13-15
On the motion of Mr. Ogonek and the second of Mr. Hoffman, the Commission voted unanimously to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 13, 2015.
3. Application#2015-19Z – In accordance with Section 5.11.2 of the Redding Zoning Regulations: Application for a Limited Duration Special Use Permit for the Redding Historical Society on Lonetown Road to hold a “Day Long Music Festival” on July 4th, 2015 with a rain date of July 5th, 2015 from 12:00PM – 9:30PM . For discussion/schedule a Public Hearing.
Mr. Couch and Mr. Bonomo were present to discuss the application with the Commission. The Chairman noted that the event is new so the regulations require that the Commission hold a public hearing to consider the application. The Chairman also noted that there can only be three signs for the event unless a variance is obtained from the Zoning Board of Appeals. During discussion, Mr. Couch stated that he is not sure of the attendance and will be firming up numbers prior to the hearing. He also mentioned that they hope to have fireworks. The Chairman stated that the Fire Marshall needs to approve the fireworks prior to the public hearing; he also stated that any food service will need to be approved by Doug Hartline [Health Department] prior to the hearing. On the motion of Mr. Ogonek and the second of Mr. Hoffman, the commission unanimously voted to set the date of public hearing for June 24th, 2015. Mr. Couch requested that the Commission consider waiving the regular application fee. After a brief discussion, Mr. Lecher moved that the Commission waive the application fees while requiring the payment of publication and notification fees. Mr. Gordon seconded the motion and it was carried unanimously.
4. DISCUSSION: There was no discussion under this agenda item.
5. FUTURE AGENDA: Public Hearing June 24, 2015 regarding Application 2015-19Z.
6. COMMUNICATIONS: There was no discussion under this agenda item.
7. ADJOURNMENT: On the motion of Mr. Hoffman and the second of Mr. Ogonek, the Commission voted unanimously to adjourn the meeting at 7:45 p.m.
Submitted by: Aimee Pardee