Present: G. Casiello, T. Ogonek, P. Scholl and alternate Gary Miyashiro and Steve Gagnon
Also present: ZEO Aimee Pardee and one member of the public
Mr. Casiello called the regular meeting to order at 7:31 pm
Mr. Miyashiro was seated for Ms. Atamian
Mr. Gagnon was seated for Mr. Lecher.
1. Approval of Public Hearing and Regular Meeting Minutes February 24, 2016
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission approve the minutes of the February 24, 2016 Public Hearing as submitted. Ogonek, Scholl. Approved unanimously.
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning commission approve the minutes of the February 24, 2016 Regular Meeting as submitted. Miyashiro, Scholl. Approved unanimously.
2. Application #16-10Z –In accordance with Section 5.11.2 of the Redding Zoning Regulations, application to renew a Limited Duration Special Use Permit for the First Church of Christ Congregational at 25 Cross Highway to hold its “ 35th Annual Church Fair” to be held on September 24, 2016 from 10:00am to 4:30pm Previously held on Sept. 26, 2015. For discussion/action.
Mr. Casiello noted that the event has had no problems or complaints in the past.
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning commission approve Application #16-10Z as submitted. Ogonek, Scholl. Approved unanimously.
3. Application #16 -11Z – Owner: Suzanne Fogle Westbrook Nature School, 7 Long Ridge Road (Assessor’s Map #12 & Lot #36) In accordance with Section 5.1.6 of the Redding Zoning Regulations request for amendment to existing Special Use Permit to extend our school time hours from 12:30pm to 3:30pm daily. For discussion/action.
Ms. Fogle was present and explained that the an afternoon program is being added to meet family requests. Enrollment will be limited to 12 children and she does not anticipate any difficulties with pick-up/drop-off. The Commission briefly reviewed the application.
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission accept the Application #16-11Z as a minor amendment to a special permit. Miyashiro, Gagnon. Approved unanimously.
The Commission discussed parking and pick-up and drop-off times. Mr. Scholl asked how many children go to the school at this time; Ms. Fogel said that her state license allows for twelve at one time but she does not think she will have twelve in the afternoon. The Chairman noted that there had not been any problems with the school and that it seemed to be positively viewed by the community.
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission approve Application #16-11Z as discussed. Scholl, Ogonek. Approved unanimously.
4. DISCUSSION: There was a brief discussion of the regulations regarding signs. A recent court case has a major impact on regulations and Mrs. Pardee recommended a complete review of the Zoning Commission’s regulations.
5. FUTURE AGENDA: No discussion.
6. COMMUNICATIONS: No discussion
7. ADJOURNMENT: Motion; move that the Zoning Commission meeting be adjourned. Ogonek, Scholl. Approved. Unanimous.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm.
Submitted by Mary Maday, Recording Secretary