Redding Zoning Commission
Regular Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:30 p.m.
Town Hall Hearing Room, Redding, Connecticut
Present: Chairman Gerry Casiello; Secretary Amy Atamian; Commissioner Ted Ogonek; Alternate Gary Miyashiro.
Also Present: Aimee Pardee, Zoning Officer
The Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.; he seated Mr. Miyashiro for Commissioner Paul Scholl.
- Approval of Minutes: Regular Meeting of May 25, 2016.
On the motion of Ms. Atamian and the second of Mr. Ogonek, the commission voted unanimously to accept the minutes of the May 25, 2016 regular meeting.
- Application #2016-17Z: Request by Owner Connecticut Yankee Council of the Boy Scouts of America, 3 Marchant Road (Assessor’s Map and Lot No. 12 – 29), Agent Northeast Design & Construction, Inc., Michael Carpenter (owner/principal): in accordance with Section 5.2.2 of the Redding Zoning Regulations, Site Plan Amendment for construction of 24’ x 32’ building for storage of camp equipment. To receive/schedule public hearing.
The Chairman briefly introduced the discussion by noting that the subject property, as a camp in a residential zone, exists by Special Use Permit and that any significant changes to the property requires an amendment to the Site Plan that is associated with the Special Use Permit. He reviewed Section 5.2.3 of the regulations that requires a public hearing for any new building associated with a Site Plan Amendment.
The Commission reviewed the plan submitted with the application and observed that there were multiple buildings shown as “proposed” on the plan. Jay Lubin, who attended the meeting as a representative of the Boy Scouts of America, addressed the commission’s questions, saying that he believed the submitted map was an older map of the property that included structures that were previously approved by the commission and subsequently built. He stated that the only improvement before the commission at this time is the storage building. The Chairman suggested that the map should be promptly updated so that an accurate representation of the property would be available for public review prior to a public hearing. The Chairman also asked about a proposed well shown on the plan, and queried as to if plumbing in the building would require a septic system. Mr. Lubin stated that no plumbing was planned for the building.
The Chairman requested a public hearing date from the Zoning Officer; she suggested August 10th. On the motion of Ms. Atamian, and the second of Mr. Miyashiro, the commission set the date for the public hearing regarding application #2016-17Z as August 10, 2016.
- Discussion. There were no items introduced under this agenda item.
- Future Agenda Items. There were no items introduced under this agenda item.
Ms. Pardee informed the commission that Recording Secretary Mary Maday had resigned her position as she has moved out of town. The Commission lauded Ms. Maday for her service, and asked if the town is seeking a new Recording Secretary. Ms. Pardee stated that the town is seeking replacements to do the minutes for the multiple boards that Ms. Maday served.
- Adjournment. On the motion of Mr. Ogonek, and the second of Ms. Atamian, the commission voted unanimously to adjourn at 7:39 p.m.