Present: Gerry Casiello, Chair; Michael Hoffman, Amy Atamian, and alternates Matthew Lecher and Paul Scholl
Also present: ZEO Aimee Pardee and two members of the public
Mr. Lecher was seated for Mr. Ogonek.
Mr. Scholl was seated for Mr. Gordon
Mr. Casiello called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm
- Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission approve the minutes of the November 12, 2014 Public Hearing as corrected. Hoffman, Atamian. Approved unanimously
Correction: typo in paragraph 3, line 2, change he to the
- Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission approve the minutes of the November 12, 2014 meeting as submitted. Hoffman, Atamian. Approved unanimously.
- Application #14-25Z – Applicant Gerald F. Valenti & Lynn M. Valenti, 20 Lonetown Road (Assessor’s Map #22 & Lot #50 ) – In accordance with Section 4.2.2 (d) of the Redding Zoning Regulations application for a Site Plan Permit for a Home Occupation.
Mr. & Mrs. Valenti submitted a letter describing their request. As salesmen for G & B Beverage Company, they would like to be able to store 10 to 20 cases of product (beverage) in their garage on a temporary basis until it is delivered. There will be no outside sales from the property or traffic generated.
Mr. Casiello noted that the request meets the regulations.
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission approved Application #14-25Z as submitted. Atamian, Hoffman. Approved unanimously.
4.Application #14-26Z – Applicant Kathleen & John Ebbott, 16 John Applegate Rd. (Lot #47 & Map #70). In accordance with Section 5.12. of the Redding Zoning Regulations application for a Special Use Detached Residential Apartment. For discussion/action
Kathleen Ebbott was present for the meeting. She explained the modifications planned to the existing building and the history of the property. The intent is to reduce the size of the cottage building to just under the 600 square foot requirement. This will be accomplished by sealing off a portion of the building and the attic space. Separate utilities, septic, water, entry and parking are available. Discussion followed.
Mr. Casiello noted that this application would require a public hearing.
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission schedule a Public Hearing on Application 14-26A on January 14, 2015. Scholl, Hoffman. Approved unanimously.
5.Application #14-27Z – Meeting Dates for the Zoning Commission for the year 2015.
The schedule of meeting dates for 2015 were reviewed.
Motion: move that the Redding Zoning Commission approve Application #14-27Z, the Meeting Dates for the Zoning Commission for 2015 as reviewed. Atamian, Hoffman. Approved unanimously.
- Election of Commission officers:
Mr. Casiello was nominated by Mr. Hoffman for Chairman. The nomination was unanimously approved.
Mr. Hoffman was nominated by Mr. Casiello for Vice Chairman. The nomination was unanimously approved.
Ms. Atamian was nominated by Mr. Casiello for Secretary. The nomination was unanimously approved.
- ZEO initiated: potential amendments to the Redding Zoning Regulations
Mrs. Pardee provided a fresh copy of the current Redding Zoning Regulations and a draft set of suggested changes, amendments or adjustments to the regulations.
Commission members discussed the proposed change in building height, from 40 ft to 35 ft. Discussion of additional changes will be held at the next several meetings, and then all changes will move forward to a public hearing.
- FUTURE AGENDA: none
- Communication: The Connecticut Bar Association training day is scheduled for March 21, 2015. The session is open to commission members who have not attended a session and those who would like to attend again. Mrs. Pardee will notify commission members when the registration information is available.
Motion: move to adjourn the meeting. Atamian, Hoffman. Approved unanimously.
The meeting adjourned at 8:14 pm
Submitted by Mary Maday, Recording Secretary