How Do I Register?
Registration for all programs requires a registration form and form of payment at the time of registration.
Online registration is also available for most programs, except for Extended Day and Swim Lessons. Click here to create an account, browse and register for programs online.
Registration forms are also included in the printed brochure. All other “special registrations forms” are available at our offices or can be viewed by clicking here.
Mail or Fax Registration
Payments that accompany registration forms may be in the form of cash, check or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only). Due to heavy seasonal volume, credit card numbers must be written on the forms for us to process later. Absolutely no phone registrations will be accepted.
You may also fax registration forms to 203-938-1071 with the credit card information on it. Forms can also be mailed or dropped in our green drop box near the gym entrance side of the Redding Community Center. Be sure to attach your check or write in the credit card information. If you have an existing credit in you household account you may fax, mail or drop off your forms and use the credit.
See below for more Frequently Asked Questions about Park and Recreation registration.
When should I enroll?
How will I know if I got into a class?
Can Non-Residents attend programs?
Is there a discount for seniors?
Is there a returned checks fee?
What is your department’s credit/refund policy?
- Any credit that might be issued will be applied to your household and may be used towards another Park & Recreation program. There is no time limit to use this credit.
- There will be no refunds unless specifically requested.
- A full refund/credit will be given if the program is canceled by the Park and Recreation Department prior to the program’s start.
- A refund/credit for the amount of the program less a 10% processing fee will be given when an individual withdraws from a program at least one week prior to the program’s printed starting date. When withdrawal occurs less than a week before the program starts, only 50% of the fee can be credited. After a class starts, no credit will be given.
- Credits or refunds for trips and special events will only be issued if a waiting list exists and the spot can be filled.
- **Separate credit policies exist in our before and after school programs as well as our summer and vacation camps. Please look for our policies on those special registration forms or handbooks.**
How do I find out if programs are canceled due to inclement weather?
If there is a question as to whether class will be held or not, call the Park and Recreation Cancellation line at 938-5036 and select voice mail option #3. The voicemail will have cancellations listed at least 30 minutes prior to the class time. However, decisions are often made earlier.
What happens if a class is right after school at RES?
If the program is at RES, children in grades 1-4 walk themselves to class after the last bus is called. We will always pick up kindergartners at their rooms and walk them to our classes. For tennis classes and programs at the Redding Community Center, instructors will pick up the students in the RES gym after the last bus is called and walk them to the community center.