Redding Tennis Court Rules
Click here for a copy of the rules that are listed below.
We are pleased to announce the reopening of the tennis courts at RCC subject to social distancing requirements and USTA guidelines for safe play. These rules may be adjusted for changing circumstances and experience after opening. The cooperation of those using the facilities is important to keep the community safe and to lay the groundwork for continued facility and program openings. By phasing in use of recreation facilities, we hope to enhance family recreational opportunities on a limited basis until we are permitted to resume normal use of these amenities. We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time. If you have any questions, please contact Rob Blick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Prior to playing, please read all of the information here, which will also be available for review at the tennis courts.
• Tennis court use is for Redding residents who may bring a single non-resident to play with.
• Do not play if you have:
- Any symptoms of the Coronavirus (mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing or other symptoms identified by the CDC).
- Been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Not been compliant with social distancing requirements in the past 14 days.
- If you are a vulnerable individual. A vulnerable individual is an elderly individual and/or an individual with serious underlying health conditions.When Playing
• Keep social distance from others on the court – at least six feet apart.
• Nets, fences, and net posts should not be touched.
• Use a racquet/foot to pick up balls. Avoid using hands to pick up balls.
• No changing sides of the court – players must remain on same side as started throughout the entire court time. • If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or your racquet.
• Play is limited to SINGLES (with the exception a single family unit)
• No group of families or friends playing doubles. Children under 12 may play with a parent only; no non-playing children allowed on court.After Playing
• After play is over, take all personal items, balls, and trash away with you. • Please leave courts promptly.
• No socializing outside the courts.
• Wash hands or use hand sanitizer after play.Additional Safety MeasuresPreparing to Play
• Players should bring a new can of balls.
• Players should clean and wipe down all equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Players should not share equipment such as racquets, tennis balls, grips, hats and towels.
• A mask should be used as you enter and leave the court and while you are waiting for a court to become open as it may not be possible to social distance.
• No food of any kind should be consumed on/around courts.
• If you need to sneeze or cough do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
• Do not touch court gates, fences, net cranks or table (unless you wipe it down with sanitizer before using)