Select Page


Connecticut is one of the states in which property tax exemptions are available to veterans and active duty military personnel. Persons currently serving in one of the branches of the United States armed forces, as well as honorably discharged veterans who served at least 90 days during a period of war, are eligible for a veteran’s exemption. Exemptions are also available to veterans who have suffered a disability. Some of these exemptions are available to surviving family members of a deceased veteran.

A copy of the veterans DD-214 must be filed with the Redding Town Clerk’s Office and an application for the exemption must be filled out with the Assessor’s Office. Applications are available in both offices.

Accessibility Tools